Shows/Entertainment

conandrob240

Here's a link to a video about the entertainment....there are many.  

THe really good one is Dual Reality.  They are great gymnasts, could use a good acting/stage combat coach though.  Still, well worth the evening.

Scarlet Night--no reservation needed.  The main events are fun.  The "Legend of Scarlet Night" or whatever they called it, lasts approximately 3 minutes.  Don't make an effort for this one unless you happen to be in the area.

Sail Away, PJ party--no reservations needed...worth doing.

Ship Show (a dinner show)...food was awful, show was just OK.  Wouldn't do it again.  I don't know if this happens on shorter cruises.

Diva Bingo was funny.

There are tons more, but I can't do justice to your question tonight.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Thanks 1

Duel Reality is the stand out show, a circus take on Romeo and Juliet.

untitleddancepartyshowthing is fun, the first 10 minutes is a bit weird but stick with it, it gets better with some good gags, then fun dances, then emotional dances and finally a singing finale. 
it’s a ship show (Valiant Lady only) depends on the variety acts onboard but is a fun show. The food is not good though, steak tartare is a weird choice. 
Ships in the Night (Scarlet Lady only) is skippable. A weird show about modern life. 

Heartbeat is a very fun club night with dancers on stage and in the crowd. 

scarlet night can be a bit odd if you just miss all the pop up shows. But the pool party is fantastic.

18 hours ago, conandrob240 said:

Can someone point me to a link, forum or post that lists all the bookable shows with descriptions? And parties?

What date is your cruise ?  I think this link is actually for Scarlet Lady, but it will give you an idea.  Change the dates in the URL for your cruise.  If your cruise is too far out, no events will show up yet.

https://spark-aws.virginvoyages.com/api/v1/ext/ddp/5a3193a0af8e4c3fb714386b/2022-11-30#events

6 hours ago, jon81uk said:

Duel Reality is the stand out show, a circus take on Romeo and Juliet.

untitleddancepartyshowthing is fun, the first 10 minutes is a bit weird but stick with it, it gets better with some good gags, then fun dances, then emotional dances and finally a singing finale. 
it’s a ship show (Valiant Lady only) depends on the variety acts onboard but is a fun show. The food is not good though, steak tartare is a weird choice. 
Ships in the Night (Scarlet Lady only) is skippable. A weird show about modern life. 

Heartbeat is a very fun club night with dancers on stage and in the crowd. 

scarlet night can be a bit odd if you just miss all the pop up shows. But the pool party is fantastic.

PJ and pool party are same thing?

20 minutes ago, conandrob240 said:

PJ and pool party are same thing?

No the pool party is the end of Scarlet Night (moves to the red room if bad weather).

Pajama party is a dance party with cheesy music and will either be in the athletic club (deck 17 aft) outside or the dock house (deck 7 aft) indoors. Pack Pajamas!

23 minutes ago, conandrob240 said:

Thanks. New Year’s Eve cruise and nothing is populated except 1 show. And mostly all it says is the name.  I’m trying to figure out what to try for first upon boarding. 

First to book is the smaller exercise classes, for example the bungee class only holds 6-8 people.

Also if you want to pay for Grog Walk as that doesn’t hold many.  
then consider Never Sleep Alone and any guest comedians or similar. 
then Duel Reality. 
Other shows won’t fill up as quick. 

Pro tip--you can access the app from the terminal.  The log on is VVMiami and it usually comes up automatically.  This will allow you to book activities, etc. if you have any wait time before boarding.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 2

As others have said, standout show for us was Duel Reality, West Side Story meets Romeo and Juliet meets acrobatics. 

Untitled Dance Party thing was experimental dance so it's rather interesting, but I only made it through about 10 minutes. 

Never Sleep Alone was a cabaret show where she was trying way too hard to be provocative. Again, made it through about 10 minutes, the content of the show didn't bother us, it just wasn't a great show. 

Drag show in The Manor was a hoot, and apparently Drag Bingo was a bit hit, we never made it to that. 

My favorite shows onboard were at On the Rocks. We happened to have a blues guitarist Slam Adams who was amazeballs. And there would be other singing or musical acts there. The Scarlet Lady House band was awesome, especially in the variety of musical styles they featured. 

One of the most fun things that we discovered onboard were the private Karaoke booths. So much fun and a great way to spend an hour or so. It's call The Groupie on the deck plans. 

It rained during the PJ party on our cruise and apparently it was moved into the Roundabout area and became very crowded. We skipped it.

Scarlet Night is a blast, though I recommend folks bring earplugs for the top deck party. It's amazeballs but LOUD. 

The coolest thing that might happen for you is to be invited to a Secret Show. We got to see a magician show with about 20 other folks in a 'secret location' in the bow of the ship. Very cool experience. 

Edited by WheresWalter
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, WheresWalter said:

Untitled Dance Party thing was experimental dance so it's rather interesting, but I only made it through about 10 minutes. 

the first ten minutes of untitled is the weirdest part. The show gets much better with the best of the dances being close to the end. It’s not as experimental throughout as the first few minutes makes out. 

I found ships in the night on Scarlet Lady way more weird.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 3:10 PM, jon81uk said:

First to book is the smaller exercise classes, for example the bungee class only holds 6-8 people.

Also if you want to pay for Grog Walk as that doesn’t hold many.  
then consider Never Sleep Alone and any guest comedians or similar. 
then Duel Reality. 
Other shows won’t fill up as quick. 

What is Grog walk? and what are you paying for ? thanks

Edited by surfone
spelling

1 hour ago, surfone said:

What is Grog walk? and what are you paying for ? thanks

It sounds to me like some sort of pub crawl (hence you're paying for the booze), but I don't know why they don't just call it that as it's already British, lol. Or maybe I'm wrong. 🙂 

1 hour ago, gordiej said:

It sounds to me like some sort of pub crawl (hence you're paying for the booze), but I don't know why they don't just call it that as it's already British, lol. Or maybe I'm wrong. 🙂 

You nailed it--a trek thru many of the sources of alcohol on the ship with a bit of something at each stop.  It is a nice way to meet some fellow sailors at the beginning of the cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gordiej said:

yep, exactly!  all the voyages i've been on have had it the 1st and 2nd nights, but i've noticed a couple have had it later in the voyage (~4th night?).  i personally don't think it's worth it at that point because you'll only have a short time left on the voyage to hang with your new friends, but i've done it 2 or 3 voyages on the first night!  another fun way to get to know people night 1 is to go to gunbae for dinner that night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

another fun way to get to know people night 1 is to go to gunbae for dinner that night.

That works best if you are seated with people who speak English.  2 of us were seated with a group of 4....one guy spoke English and was translating for the waiter.  We did a lot of smiling and head nodding. It wasn't bad, just kind of weird.   Second time in gunbae was better for meeting people as we could understand each other!

11 hours ago, cantgetin said:

That works best if you are seated with people who speak English.  2 of us were seated with a group of 4....one guy spoke English and was translating for the waiter.  We did a lot of smiling and head nodding. It wasn't bad, just kind of weird.   Second time in gunbae was better for meeting people as we could understand each other!

Thanks not really looking to meet people just enjoy a few days with my husband checking out the ship, celebrating new years and his birthday

Edited by conandrob240

16 hours ago, cantgetin said:

You nailed it--a trek thru many of the sources of alcohol on the ship with a bit of something at each stop.  It is a nice way to meet some fellow sailors at the beginning of the cruise.

Not all that interested but was just using as an example of some the things  that I didn’t see any info about. Wondering why no details of all the shows/ actitivies like this 

I found YouTube to be a good source of info, and as more people have cruised VV, this site is becoming a good source.  As to why VV doesn't release more info...who knows?  Much as we liked our cruise, there are many things we can't figure out about this line.  Most of it revolves around use of technology or failures of such use.  They could easily supply a lot more info about onboard activities.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

I found YouTube to be a good source of info, and as more people have cruised VV, this site is becoming a good source.  As to why VV doesn't release more info...who knows?  Much as we liked our cruise, there are many things we can't figure out about this line.  Most of it revolves around use of technology or failures of such use.  They could easily supply a lot more info about onboard activities.

I think originally they were allowing the full schedule to appear in the app before boarding but when they switched to all shows and classes being book onboard only it stopped showing the full description of things in the line up.