Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

One thing that I need to do when I get home is look at more cruises going to St Maarten... Maybe even a land trip, if I could afford it. The island has wayyy too much stuff to do in such a short stay. I've only yet scratched the surface of what they have to offer, and I'm jonesing for more... The beautiful beaches, great food, and the incredibly nice people there make me think that it may be my new happy place...

• Like 36

27 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

One thing that I need to do when I get home is look at more cruises going to St Maarten... Maybe even a land trip, if I could afford it. The island has wayyy too much stuff to do in such a short stay. I've only yet scratched the surface of what they have to offer, and I'm jonesing for more... The beautiful beaches, great food, and the incredibly nice people there make me think that it may be my new happy place...

I have been to St Maarten a few times and enjoyed it every time - one of the best islands in the Caribbean.

• Like 5

I feel sorry for the new readers who stumbled across this, and are sitting there reading, thinking to themselves: "what in the heck have I gotten myself into?"... And, then they continue reading, like someone watching a train wreck... You want to look away, but you just can't... 

But, seriously. I'm just here having a good time. Don't take any of this stuff too personal... There'll be plenty of other reviews that will provide all the pertinent information you desire. As for this? I did it "my way"... The only way I know how......... 

(***Also, I know that my punctuation is rubbish. You can blame that on the DeKalb county school system who failed me miserably...)

• Like 15
  • Haha 18

4 minutes ago, VictorWI said:

Love the shirt!! Big fan!! We plan on visiting the Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit when the Celebration docks in St. Maarten on our April 30th sailing! 

There's an exhibition in Atlanta right now that I want to get to before it leaves town. "The fans strike back"... Of course, I'm old, and saw the original movies in the theater in the 70's and 80's...

Screenshot_20221208-204822.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

I've been following along but only now caught up. I definitely disappear and reappear on Cruise Critic due to bring so darn busy. Loved Greg's review last week and now yours. I would love to get back to The Tribe at some point as well. Miss you all!

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Lol, she is your "person" of the cruise.  You will now see (and hear) her everywhere.  It seems to always happen.  We give our "person" a nickname.  It seems like "Miss Alabama" is it for you.  Our nicknames are many times not politically correct.  It's so funny that we might not remember which cruise it was, but everyone will remember that special "person".

lol its so true! On our last cruise this past August on Royal, it was this family that let their kid harass another kid on an excursion and the parents did NOTHING to intervene. We were in line for the tram in Juneau. They have one of those coin machines where you put the pennies and quarters in so that it stamps the penny. This girl had paid for hers and was going to turn the handle with another girl RUNS UP and grabs it and starts cranking away on it. Won't let her even have a turn. We thought they were related. Turns out it was that families youngest daughter. The parents literally stood there, did nothing to stop her. The older sister had to run over and grab her and tell her that it was not hers to do that with. The Grandma of the girl who paid bought her another one and they were whispering to each other and everyone felt so bad for the older sister because she has to be the parent in the family instead of the adults. The little girl then proceeded to throw a HUGE screaming tantrum because they wouldn't pay for a penny for her. Then she was trying to climb on everything, and proceeded to strip down to her underwear in the line. The parents did nothing. We literally kept running into that family all over the ship and the Dad was so weird. The parents were completely checked out and did nothing to parent their children. Like yes, I get being burnt out and I don't know their story. But if you're an adult, then act like one! It was just so sad for that older girl because she doesn't even get to be a kid. She has to parent her younger sister instead.

Anyhow sorry to hijack with my rant.

• Like 13

I've been just chillin' out in the cabin for a bit before bedtime, which will be soon... I can hear the reactions... "He's on a cruise, and going to bed at 9:45..."... It's just my normal routine, and it ain't likely to change anytime soon.

Also, I got a definitive answer on the Cruise Life Rick situation. It definitely wasn't him. He just now replied to my message...

Screenshot_20221208-213325.png

• Like 7