Too small for bed...too big for P&P

cyclone1414

Hi...our 2.5 year old sleeps in a crib at home. While she sometimes tries to climb out, she's generally ok. We don't think there is any way she will sleep in the pack-and-play provided by Royal but she will also for sure not stay in/roll out of a bed since she's never slept in one. Has anyone done anything creative for a kid this age (i.e. mattress on floor against couch?). Thanks!!

We’ve Turned the loveseat around to face the wall,  put a mattress on the floor (both with help from cabin steward), have brought a portable / foldable bed railing, and have used pool noodles slipped under the bottom sheet along the edge of the bed. No mishaps.   Pool noodles were the easiest. You can cut them in half to fit in your suitcase.  Have a great trip! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMsteffey said:

We’ve Turned the loveseat around to face the wall,  put a mattress on the floor (both with help from cabin steward), have brought a portable / foldable bed railing, and have used pool noodles slipped under the bottom sheet along the edge of the bed. No mishaps.   Pool noodles were the easiest. You can cut them in half to fit in your suitcase.  Have a great trip! 

Thanks! 

at 2.5 years our kid used to sleep in a crib at home, too. On our cruise aboard MSC she came into the stateroom, rushed up the ladder to the bunk bed and could not be talked into sleeping on the floor as we had intended.

Our beds were pushed together underneath so had she fallen of the long side, she would have landed in our bed. We made her promise not to climb the ladder alone and all was well. She never fell down, but we had a few plush toys thrown at us 😉

Don´t worry, you´ll find a solution, sometimes the kids surprise us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kasi1979 said:

at 2.5 years our kid used to sleep in a crib at home, too. On our cruise aboard MSC she came into the stateroom, rushed up the ladder to the bunk bed and could not be talked into sleeping on the floor as we had intended.

Our beds were pushed together underneath so had she fallen of the long side, she would have landed in our bed. We made her promise not to climb the ladder alone and all was well. She never fell down, but we had a few plush toys thrown at us 😉

Don´t worry, you´ll find a solution, sometimes the kids surprise us.

That would scare the living tar out of me. I am praying my daughter doesn't try this. Especially since her brother will be in the other pullman. We were planning to do my husband in one pullman, my son in the other, myself below, and my daughter opposite me also below. An all twin set-up for us on CCL. We sail next week we're not planning to do bed rails. We are a smidge concerned but we do think she'll be ok if we just roll up some towels as a bed rail. I can report back. My daughter sleeps in a big girl bed at home, she's almost 3, but her bed is low to the ground at home. Hopefully the Carnival bed is fairly low to the ground but it probably isn't since suitcases go underneath. It's got to be at least up as tall as a horizontal suitcase. Although, glancing over at my luggage maybe that is pretty low, lol.