Dining on Arcadia

Tira04

Less than 20 days until I board Arcadia for my first P&O cruise! 

I've had my cabin assigned (with an unexpected upgrade!), but can't see what dining time I've been allocated.  I'm on a saver fare and I think this means I don't get first choice, which is fine, but do they assign your time at all before boarding? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tira04 said:

Less than 20 days until I board Arcadia for my first P&O cruise! 

I've had my cabin assigned (with an unexpected upgrade!), but can't see what dining time I've been allocated.  I'm on a saver fare and I think this means I don't get first choice, which is fine, but do they assign your time at all before boarding? 

I may be  wrong but I think if you are on a saver fare you are allocated Freedom Dining by default. Those on select fares get the chance to decide if they want fixed dining at either 6.30 or 8.30 or they can opt for Freedom Dining if they wish.

With Freedom Dining you will not be assigned a specific time ahead of your cruise. Once on board you will have the option to book a dining slot using the on board "App" or you can just roll up at whatever tine suits you and join the queue or be seated straight away if you are lucky.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Currently the ship isn't full so no need to use the app,albeit some are when booking table's for two. If your Dining time doesn't suit goto one of the Meridian restaurants and request a change.

Great, thanks! Good to know Arcadia isn't sailing full. 

Yes, I'm keen for late dining so it's good to know I can request this once onboard!

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 7:23 PM, arlowood said:

I may be  wrong but I think if you are on a saver fare you are allocated Freedom Dining by default. Those on select fares get the chance to decide if they want fixed dining at either 6.30 or 8.30 or they can opt for Freedom Dining if they wish.

With Freedom Dining you will not be assigned a specific time ahead of your cruise. Once on board you will have the option to book a dining slot using the on board "App" or you can just roll up at whatever tine suits you and join the queue or be seated straight away if you are lucky.

I would have thought that dining for Saver fare pax is allocated at random, and would depend upon which sitting/style of dining has been booked the most by those on Select fares...

17 hours ago, Tira04 said:

Great, thanks! Good to know Arcadia isn't sailing full. 

Yes, I'm keen for late dining so it's good to know I can request this once onboard!

Generally speaking, the adult-only ships skew more mature pax, many of who prefer 1st sitting. On Arcadia, I would guess that you stand a good chance of being allocated 2nd sitting 🤞🏻.

• Like 2