Balcony Upgrade question?

akumal434

Hello all,

First time sailing on NCL.

I am sailing the Dawn this month.  We have two obstructed ocean view cabins booked.  One with two adults and one with 1-adult and two teens.  I put in a $150per person/$300 total balcony upgrade request for the cabin with 2-adults and a $175 per person/$350 total balcony request on the 3-person cabin.  I understand that they only charge for the first two people on the upgrade request.

Yesterday I received notice that the 2-adult cabin was upgraded to a balcony.  I am not complaining, but I was curious why they wouldn't have upgraded the higher bid cabin (3-person) first?  The cabin that has been assigned for the balcony upgrade is a 3-person cabin.

Also, I finished checking everyone in and hasn't allowed me permission to access the e-docs.  When does that typically occur?

Thanks!

Reasons for the upgrade of 2 vs 3 could be many things, nobody knows the full story.  Areas of the ship are capacity controlled, so moving 2 people can be easier than 3. The other upgrade might be coming. The vacated cabin might be in a better location. They might  choose by lottery.

Access to edocs should be within 24 hours. I just checked in for my cruise at about midnight EST and edocs were available in the afternoon that same day

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1