Thanksgiving ‘23 - Vista vs. Horizon vs. Celebration

lauti

What would you choose for a mother + son (13yo) trip for next Thanksgiving if all were about the same price:

7nt Celebration - Havana interior

8nt Vista - regular interior

6nt Horizon - Havana interior

I have it in my head I want a Havana cabin and would prefer the “old” style Havana area of the Vista or Horizon but will I regret not taking the chance on the latest and greatest ship? Any other factors to consider? 

I would pick the Celebration as it is the newest.  Your 13 y/o probably won't hang in the Havana area but there are a ton of new things that will keep you both entertained.  While I love the Horizon and its Havana area, that cruise is only six days.  No way would I pick the Vista over the Celebration or Horizon, even with the Vista cruise being a little longer.  

probably Celebration, which has big chicken, and includes chibang, P&A, Cucina.  Mind you, Chibang is all small-plates, you may want to put in two order sheets at P&A (small meals), but it's neat that the excel class has more included options.

Definitely not the Horizon just due to how short it is. The Celebration vs Vista is a personal choice. It depends on if you value more days or a new experience. Thanksgiving cruises are always more crowded, especially with families. The huge Celebration may feel even more crowded than the Vista, but there are plenty of new attractions that you and your son will enjoy. Or you may feel that you will get more out of having an extra day on the Vista, which is also fairly new and has some attractions. I personally don't see a Havana stateroom being a deciding factor for me