Move-Up question

Koohiichan

I was notified today that our move-up bid was accepted to the Deluxe Porthole veranda. Woohoo! I bid $205.00.$5 over the minimum. A good deal considering our inside cabin was a steal. Our sail date is 1/14 so got notified approximately 3 days before as I heard was common. I’m trying to keep my husband in the dark until boarding. He will be surprised and happy.

On 12/7/2022 at 2:36 PM, Rmyoung said:

So I just checked. Nothing I was offered is even available. No suites or Family Verandas. Why would they offer a move up?

you can't bid if booked with BCC. Call BCC and maybe you can just pay to move. Usually a very good deal

On 12/2/2022 at 8:44 PM, D. B. said:

I just had a strange experience with a MoveUp bid. My Bid was accepted and my Credit Card was billed But for an amount More than I bid!

Celebrity sent me an Email with the correct dollar figure in it so I made a call to Celebrity Engagement (844-418-6824) and they connected me to the Groups Department that apparently does the billing for MoveUp and they admitted the mistake but said it could take a few days to a week to get me a refund for the overcharge.

During our conversation the person I was talking to made 2 more math errors while trying to figure out the overcharge.  Maybe his Phone was broken, or he couldn't find the calculator app?

Must have something to do with how Math is taught in the schools today?

It ended up taking a Lot of phone calls and 40 days to get my refund.

I think MoveUp offers will be harder to get as Cruises are more likely to be Fully Booked. We have a booking on another cruise line this summer that has been sold out for months and has been removed from their brochure and website.

I have a B2B in February with X that has different cabins on each one. 3 months ago I Requested a change to any equal cabin on both cruises to avoid moving but was told All cabins in my category were sold out.

Moving from one cabin to another on a B2B is not a big deal as we have done it before.

The exception was once when the 2 cabins were on different decks and at opposite ends of a very large ship.