Letters re: the key

joan&jen

I've gotten them for my recent cruises.  But mostly the email states to "be there at 11am" for check-in.

On my current Grandeur cruise a personalized letter what handed to me during the MDR lunch with the particulars of the benefits and private time for activities.  Other times that specific and detailed letter is waiting in the cabin.  The specifics for your cruise with times and places is generated by the ship staff.

I believe the generic, time to arrive at port email is corporate driven.

Prediction:  within five posts, someone will write how you don't NEED The Key and you're wasting your money.

Edited by PWP-001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the E-mail that I got for a cruise in October.  Once we got onboard, when we went to our lunch, the RCL rep handed me a letter in an envelope that said basically what is listed below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Guest,

We're excited to welcome you onboard soon! Before you set sail, we wanted to remind you of the benefits that come with The Key program.

Here's what you can expect on your upcoming sailing:

• Early access at the terminal.*
  • Drop off your carry-on luggage in the Main Dining Room on Deck 3 by 2:00 PM - your carry-on luggage will be hand delivered to your stateroom.
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille® menu (open from 12:00pm - 1:30pm). We recommend arriving to the terminal no later than 11:30 AM for you to have enough time to enjoy lunch with us!
  • Private time at some of our onboard activities such as rock climbing, FlowRider, etc.
  • Priority departure from ship-to-shore at tender ports.
  • Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theatre, Aqua Theater, Studio B and Two70, however a reservation is needed so don't forget to book once you're onboard!
  • VOOM Surf & Stream package, now including high speed internet, for one device (1 package per guest).
  • On debarkation day, enjoy a private á la carte breakfast and choice departure.

*Please arrive at the terminal at 11:30 AM. If you are not able to make the early access window, you should arrive within your appointment time and will receive priority access into the terminal.

Lastly, when you arrive to the port for your sailing, please locate The Key signage for priority access into the terminal and make your way onto the ship.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Voyager of the Seas in the coming days!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International