Southampton Hotels with room safes?

Yehootu

My wife likes to travel with her jewelry. Don't like the idea of leaving her things in a room without a safe, or even a front desk safe. I didn't even think of this till reading reviews of hotels and a review stated that only complaint on the Premier Inn West Quay was room didn't have a safe. Made me wonder about others and websites aren't too helpful. Mahalo!

I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the travelodge on Castle Way has no room safe or telephone in the room.  I had made reservations 6 months earlier for a very nice room at the Holiday Inn (herbert walker ave).  They cancelled my res. 5 days before I was scheduled to be there.  Apparently burst pipes and no way to accommodate in any sort of room, let alone the one with the twin beds & ocean view I wanted.  So that hotel does have a room safe, apparently the travelodge ones don't so I would skip that.  It was a shock.  I didn't know there were hotel rooms without safes or phones.  Other than that, and having to ask for a room that wasn't scary looking & right off the alley - the stay was fine.  

It was pretty overwhelming trying to find a place I hoped would be decent, with twin beds, that close to the night before Sky Princess embarked.  Anyway best of luck.  I've stayed at a premier inn with a safe, but in was years ago and in Dover.  

Premier and Travelodge do not have safes in rooms. At the lower end of the price range, they shave every expense they can.

In any case, the security offered by typical hotel safes is largely illusory. It'll keep your kids out (probably) but any serious burglar and, most likely any member of staff, will open it in seconds.

All of them have to have an override code in case you leave it locked when you check out. The staff who clean the room will most likely have that code so that they can check it as part of preparing the room for the next guest (the same will apply to the safe in a cruise ship cabin too).

If you want proof, have a look at some of the videos on this site: https://www.youtube.com/@lockpickinglawyer/search?query=hotel safe

My wife puts her jewellery in her carry-on luggage on flights, in her handbag while staying overnight somewhere  and we just  trust that the staff on the ship is honest. The safe is a handy cupboard to put small items that you don't want to mislay anyway.