Pre booking the beach house, Sindu

Fozzie100

Hello,

We are within 14 days of joining Azura and looked to pre-book restaurants (the beach house, Sindu).  Logged my booking and usually you can book before you board, however the option is not there.  We were able to book on Britannia in August.  Has this changed with Azura?.

thank you

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fozzie100 said:

Hello,

We are within 14 days of joining Azura and looked to pre-book restaurants (the beach house, Sindu).  Logged my booking and usually you can book before you board, however the option is not there.  We were able to book on Britannia in August.  Has this changed with Azura?.

thank you

I'm on Britannia for Christmas sailing 16th December and have been told apart from Limelight no bookings in advance.  I think it's pretty standard as my family are on Aurora 9th December and the same applies to them.

1 hour ago, Fozzie100 said:

Hello,

thank you

We got off Azura yesterday.

As soon as you get on board you can pre-book all your dining on the P&O My Holiday app.

Edited by grapau27

We are on Britannia boarding 16 December and have got the same info as mega bear although you can prebook the Limelight Club which we don’t want to do. You can also pre book the internet which I have done but no PC discount has been applied so will have to ring P&O to find out why. I think the company should update their information about booking restaurants as there will be a lot of people on these boards who have always done that and do not understand why it is different now. Otherwise it just means “running around” on our first morning or dealing with it on the evening of arrival when we will be knackered to get the restaurants sorted. Thank goodness we are getting on on the 16th  so we should be ahead of half the ship!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fozzie100 said:

Hello,

thank you

We were on Britannia in October.  Restaurants couldn't be precooked.

• Haha 1

It is a bit strange, they make it out that you can prebook things like Beach House, Sindhu and what not but when you add it to basket it doesnt work.

It didnt work on our Azura summer cruise and doesnt work on our Iona winter break cruise now. I assumed it was just the IT not working, being P&O and all. But maybe it is unavailable on purpose.

image.thumb.png.f76d42806e9a5c438f739da7458074a6.png

3 hours ago, pennib said:

We are on Britannia boarding 16 December and have got the same info as mega bear although you can prebook the Limelight Club which we don’t want to do. You can also pre book the internet which I have done but no PC discount has been applied so will have to ring P&O to find out why. I think the company should update their information about booking restaurants as there will be a lot of people on these boards who have always done that and do not understand why it is different now. Otherwise it just means “running around” on our first morning or dealing with it on the evening of arrival when we will be knackered to get the restaurants sorted. Thank goodness we are getting on on the 16th  so we should be ahead of half the ship!!

I've been advised its pot luck for these fly cruises. We like to have the Epicurean Christmas dinner special which on all previous sailings on Azura and Britannia have come up as a special separate bookable event about 10 days before sailing.  When we received the email asking which of the two dinner times for Christmas day we wanted I called P&O and asked about the "special". I was informed it most likely wouldn't appear as a special event and to enquire onboard.

In the conversation I was told that on ex UK cruises it is mainly higher grade PC members and suites who manage to snaffle the reservations due to their earlier boarding times, however it is more pot luck on arrival in the Caribbean depending on your flight arrival time - we are on the second Gatwick flight of the day so have been warned we may be unlucky!

I booked my wifi by telephone at the same time. Discount was applied but it has not appeared in my cruise personaliser although I was told it would.

Regarding Limelight I have booked two trips, our traditional Eric & Ern in week 1 and John Partridge at the end of the cruise for 29 December. The latter is only on 3 nights, ie 27-29 December.  There will apparently be another act from 23-26 December but I'm told it is a surprise and only bookable onboard.

I visualise a long queue at reception if the app doesn't like everyone trying to book on boarding.

19 hours ago, DS_Dean said:

It is a bit strange, they make it out that you can prebook things like Beach House, Sindhu and what not but when you add it to basket it doesnt work.

It didnt work on our Azura summer cruise and doesnt work on our Iona winter break cruise now. I assumed it was just the IT not working, being P&O and all. But maybe it is unavailable on purpose.

image.thumb.png.f76d42806e9a5c438f739da7458074a6.png

When I have been able to pre-book and pay on line our PC discount was deducted.

Recently a lot of OBC has been given by P&O and of course your PC discount is only applied once your OBC is used up.

On board Azura Epicurean went up to £30pp from £28pp on our second week WC 25th November.

Rang P&O this morning about my internet booking not showing any peninsula club discount. I was told that it didn’t qualify for the pc discount because the internet is counted as a “gift “ and they don’t qualify for pc discounts. Seems like if you want to save a few bob, all you have to do is call something a gift and you are quids in. You really couldn’t make it up.

35 minutes ago, pennib said:

Rang P&O this morning about my internet booking not showing any peninsula club discount. I was told that it didn’t qualify for the pc discount because the internet is counted as a “gift “ and they don’t qualify for pc discounts. Seems like if you want to save a few bob, all you have to do is call something a gift and you are quids in. You really couldn’t make it up.

I would cancel the online booking and book again once on board. At least that way it will effectively receive the loyalty discount.

1 hour ago, pennib said:

That doesn't sound right. I called and bought my wifi over the telephone and it was discounted.  It most certainly wasn't a gift - I asked for a receipt for business purposes.  The internet was £210 for the 14 days and I received my discount and paid £189. Perhaps you should check again if you have the time.

This may or may not make you rethink about cancelling as the price has just gone up. It had gone up in the system on the 2nd but they had forgotten to tell whoever publishes Horizon and it was still showing old prices in there!

9 minutes ago, Wonky said:

This may or may not make you rethink about cancelling as the price has just gone up. It had gone up in the system on the 2nd but they had forgotten to tell whoever publishes Horizon and it was still showing old prices in there!

How much are they charging now per day, please?

Well for 2 devices it came through as £316 for 14 days. It looks like £12 per day for the whole cruise for one device. Possibly £18 for enhanced. It’s not in Horizon anymore so will try and find out later for you.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 8:04 PM, Fozzie100 said:

Hello,

thank you

We were on Britannia in August and there was no pre booking for the Beach House. Under the 'new', most restaurants can be booked once on board.  

Their decision to stop the prebooking of speciality restaurants is the main peeve I have of P&O. While on the last few cruises we were able to book onboard for a lot of when/where we wanted, it was a bit of a scramble at times: and actually I like to get these planned ahead. Especially when most of our eve meals flit between the speciality restaurants.

But to be fair, that’s not the biggest problem in the world right now!

Edited by Camberley

3 hours ago, Camberley said:

Their decision to stop the prebooking of speciality restaurants is the main peeve I have of P&O. While on the last few cruises we were able to book onboard for a lot of when/where we wanted, it was a bit of a scramble at times: and actually I like to get these planned ahead. Especially when most of our eve meals flit between the speciality restaurants.

But to be fair, that’s not the biggest problem in the world right now!

Agree   but I can envisage a lot of running between restaurants when we first board. Starting with a dash to epicurean