CABIN CHANGES ON VENTURA

Tablelamp

1 hour ago, Tablelamp said:

Now there is no turndown service do the beds still have the coloured runners and cushions on them which make the cabin seem more like a day room.   Any other changes?

The runner is no longer being used, and  I dont think there were any cushions on Iona in October, but there were on Britannia in June.

25 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The runner is no longer being used, and  I dont think there were any cushions on Iona in October, but there were on Britannia in June.

We just came back off Iona last week, we had small cushions on the bed.  There was also two runners we could put on the bottom of the bed.  One in with the life jackets and one on top of the desk area, with the luggage bed cover.  Photo has the day cushions, but not runners.

315375389_10226134963534246_3027965978718855096_n.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

We just came back off Iona last week, we had small cushions on the bed.  There was also two runners we could put on the bottom of the bed.  One in with the life jackets and one on top of the desk area, with the luggage bed cover.  Photo has the day cushions, but not runners.

315375389_10226134963534246_3027965978718855096_n.jpg

Yes I should have said they were under the bed for those DIY enthusiasts, however I do prefer to be a bit pampered when on holiday.

• Like 1

Had no runners or cushions on our cruises on Arcadia and Ventura earlier this year. Hovever on our Iona cruise last month we arrived to find both in  our cabin. It looked really nice but the runner appeared folded up on top of the tv shelf for the rest of the cruise. Didn't bother putting it back on each day. The cushions were welcome though!

2 hours ago, pennib said:

Not at all britboys. Been there done that and got the T-shirt. 

Only sailed with Marella once and was distinctly unimpressed. Would give them another try with the right itinerary and price but their prices seem pretty high at the moment. I looked on their website for next year and a solo inside cabin was between £1400 and £1700 for a 7 night Med fly-cruise....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pennib said:

Not at all britboys. Been there done that and got the T-shirt. 

So did we for the first time in October and loved it.  Small ships, excellent services, excursion prices the best for any cruise line I have been on.   Going again next year.   Mind we we also have two P+O to go on as well.

I was expecting Thomson all inclusvie hotel at sea.  It was far better than that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

So did we for the first time in October and loved it.  Small ships, excellent services, excursion prices the best for any cruise line I have been on.   Going again next year.   Mind we we also have two P+O to go on as well.

I was expecting Thomson all inclusvie hotel at sea.  It was far better than that.

Glad you had a good cruise. My experience in 2018 was the opposite - very poor food and mostly poor service. As I say however, I'd give them a second chance if price & itinerary right.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Britboys said:

Glad you had a good cruise. My experience in 2018 was the opposite - very poor food and mostly poor service. As I say however, I'd give them a second chance if price & itinerary right.

I agree with all that - except giving them a second chance.

• Like 1

The first thing I do on any cruise line is take the cushions and runners off the bed and put them at the top of the wardrobe and ask the cabin Steward not to put them back. The reason being I never know if they have been laundered between each guest, I assume not. I have done this since we started cruising 2 years ago. Also do it if any hotels have the same. 

16 minutes ago, amajaa said:

The first thing I do on any cruise line is take the cushions and runners off the bed and put them at the top of the wardrobe and ask the cabin Steward not to put them back. The reason being I never know if they have been laundered between each guest, I assume not. I have done this since we started cruising 2 years ago. Also do it if any hotels have the same. 

Do you do the same when you visit friends houses?

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2022 at 2:25 PM, Wonky said:

On Azura now and complimentary water cans are no more. Also Glass House is no longer bookable. 

Just off Iona. 

Complimentary cans were in our cabin

4 cushions also present

Still Shampoo and Shower Gel in the bathroom

No turn down service, but we are not worried as being on freedom dining, it means we can leave the cabin when we want and not hold the steward up.

29 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Perhaps you need to ask as we had them on Ventura recently 

No, they were quite clear, if you want them you can order them @ 6 for £7.25. Looks like a few things have changed at the start of December. Along with the internet going up.

1 hour ago, Wonky said:

No, they were quite clear, if you want them you can order them @ 6 for £7.25. Looks like a few things have changed at the start of December. Along with the internet going up.

Oh dear, what has the internet gone up to now then