P&O Oz. Anyone been?

Wonky

Just surfing last night and looked up this arm of Carnival. Ships appear to be Ventura/Azura like but slightly different. Like the look of the “Byron Beach Club” which is like the retreat but bigger to include the Oasis pool. Anyone on here sailed with them?

Yes, we have enjoyed a couple of cruises with P&O Australia, both out of Brisbane. As I recall they were not the easiest of bookings to make. You were required to give an Australian address which was not an issue for us as my brother lives in Queensland.  Both were direct bookings, not via an agent, and we did end up phoning to finalise the booking.  They were very helpful and everything got sorted quickly.  However, things may have changed since we last went in 2018.

We sailed on Pacific Dawn (to South Sea Islands) and Pacific Explorer (to Papa New Guinea) and thoroughly enjoyed both cruises.  We have not sailed on either Pacific Adventure or Pacific Encounter so are unable to comment on the Byron Beach Club but maybe this is one to try on our next visit!

Edited by Astrajet

Thank you @Astrajet so is an Australian address mandatory do you think or just if you want to book online? Can’t find a TA over here to book it. Hence why I posted here rather than on the P&O OZ forum. What would say the differences are (if any) from UK P&O?

4 minutes ago, Wonky said:

Thank you @Astrajet so is an Australian address mandatory do you think or just if you want to book online? Can’t find a TA over here to book it. Hence why I posted here rather than on the P&O OZ forum. What would say the differences are (if any) from UK P&O?

Nope, don't understand that argument at all, surely people would ask in the Aus P & O forum if they want to book a cruise with them, even if they aren't from Australia, I'm sure its been asked before.

For example after a very quick search: 

Same as people come here to ask about how to book a UK P&O from abroad.

28 minutes ago, Wonky said:

I cannot say what the current requirements are as I haven't gone through the process in the last 5 years.  I think the suggestion made by @defbref is a good one because you will be able to get far more up to date information.

Regarding our cruises down under, there really wasn't much difference from the home P&O cruises. No club dining comes to mind as this is our usual choice. Other than that, we felt quite at home.  Fellow cruisers were mostly Australians, of course but they made us feel most welcome and friendships were forged. Can't wait to go again!

1 hour ago, Astrajet said:

so is an Australian address mandatory do you think or just if you want to book online?

I have just clicked on the link supplied by @defbref - UK Cruisers in Australia - where this address issue has been raised.  I'm sure the information given by an Australian poster in answer to the OP, who is from England, would be helpful to you. 

Good luck - hope you manage to get something booked.