Documents

ISLANDFAN

1 hour ago, ISLANDFAN said:

We are booked on the January 16 sailing of the Cloud, which is our first with Silversea. When will we receive our documents?

Thanks,

Bryan

Good morning, documents have "usually" been emailed within about 15 days of your sail date. That may vary of course, but on my last 6 or 7 cruises I have received my cruise docs within 2 weeks of the cruise.

13 minutes ago, dougburns said:

I thought they weren't mailing the docs anymore and that one had to get them online?

You do receive them "on line"........they are emailing them. Not "snail mail"......but via email.

Just confirming what Lois stated, we're on the December 15 Cloud cruise, and we received an email with our Final Documents on December 2. (My understanding is that this should also be visible in My Silversea on the Documents tab, but it isn't there.)

In what seems to be too typical for Silversea, there's information missing. I was particularly interested in the specifics for the charter flight from Santiago to Puerto Williams, and the documents direct us to "please refer to the Charter information found on the final pages of this booklet." Except there is no charter information at the end of the documents. Sigh. I've seen enough first-hand reports from other passengers in the past few weeks to have an idea of the timing this year and how it's going to work, so we'll just get the information at the pre-cruise hotel. But it would be nice if they could get the details right. (This is after they promised a new, increased luggage allowance which apparently does not exist, and a welcome reception dinner on the night before embarkation at the hotel in Santiago, which also apparently does not exist.)