Pinnacle Grill Lunch

HALcruiser2001

Yesterday on the Eurodam my travel mate and I walked in to Pinnacle Grill for lunch on Panama Canal day after transit into Gatun Lake and before coming back out, as had been recommended by someone on CC. We were the ONLY customers for lunch!!! Treated like royalty, fun talking with Japar and rest of staff in relaxed mode. Great food and setting. Bonus, from our window seat got to watch the tenders deploy for shore excursions and then come back to be hoisted up. Upcharge of $15pp was best nickel&dime ever spent, a memorable experience.

• Like 9

Pinnacle Grill lunch secret - if you ask nicely, there is a good chance you can get a dessert off the dinner menu. I got a key lime pie last time and it was truly the best I ever had. Could not eat it all because the other courses filled me up. 

We have only been to PG for lunch, never for dinner. We will be doing two PG lunches on our cruise next week.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vicnsue said:

Does anyone have a lunch menu they would share? We on on the Eurodam in February and this looks interesting. 

here’s the menu; from Rotterdam a few weeks ago. Sorry I cut part of the appetizer description off. 

Linda R. 

FEF819F3-A8F2-41E8-BB99-E043B6A4E75F.jpeg

37A65DAB-29C8-4D70-A405-3A4910848A35.jpeg

• Thanks 5

3 hours ago, carnivaljunkie said:

WannaSea,

Did they charge extra for a second appetizer?

Speaking for the koningsdam it didn’t appear that they did at lunch. I only had one app and a main but the guy next to ordered 3 apps and a main.  Nothing was said about an extra charge but of course I didn’t see his bill either.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WannaSea said:

Yesterday on the Eurodam my travel mate and I walked in to Pinnacle Grill for lunch on Panama Canal day after transit into Gatun Lake and before coming back out, as had been recommended by someone on CC. We were the ONLY customers for lunch!!! Treated like royalty, fun talking with Japar and rest of staff in relaxed mode. 

How wonderful you met Japar @WannaSea we have been with him on a number of cruises on different ships , starting on the Prinsendam in the Pinnacle , a wonderful person and great server in the Pinnacle Restaurant one of the Best  .

If you are going to another lunch please say hi to him from Tony and Martha ! 

• Like 2

We eat lunch in the Pinnacle quite often on sea days since we are 4* so it's really a good deal for us ($7.50). We ordered two appetizers but were not charged extra for the additional one. The food is always outstanding, especially the filet with blue cheese, the ciopinno, and the burger. It's more casual during the day and you have more time to chat with the waiters.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

What is a typical time frame for lunch in the PG? Would it be safe to book DW a spa treatment at 2pm on the same afternoon, or would that be cutting it too close?

Pinnacle lunch is from Noon until 1PM.

Linda R.

6 minutes ago, cruzingnut said:

Pinnacle lunch is from Noon until 1PM.

Linda R.

I understand that.. My question was pertaining to the typical duration of lunch in the PG, can we reasonably expect to be in and out of there in an hour, or should we expect to be there longer?

I'm trying to determine when I can safely book a spa treatment for DW that afternoon.

1 minute ago, KroozNut said:

I understand that.. My question was pertaining to the typical duration of lunch in the PG, can we reasonably expect to be in and out of there in an hour, or should we expect to be there longer?

I'm trying to determine when I can safely book a spa treatment for DW that afternoon.

Oh, sorry!  If you got in right at Noon you should be good to go for 2PM at the spa.

Linda R.

Edited by cruzingnut
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

Oh, sorry!  If you got in right at Noon you should be good to go for 2PM at the spa.

Linda R.

I agree.  It takes a while so I wouldn’t book any later than 12.  I think I ate there 3 times for lunch on my recent cruise.  Two times were at least 1.5 hours.  The other was just over an hour.  I’m not one to mull over the menu for an hour so if you are add more time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I agree.  It takes a while so I wouldn’t book any later than 12.  I think I ate there 3 times for lunch on my recent cruise.  Two times were at least 1.5 hours.  The other was just over an hour.  I’m not one to mull over the menu for an hour so if you are add more time.

I am a speed reader on menus, so that would be a drag.

• Haha 1