Covid Vaccines and US Entry?

trixiee

On 12/6/2022 at 3:24 AM, CDNPolar said:

Hey - some of the airline sites do not line up with country requirements.

We are flying Delta through ATL in December and I am fully vaxed with Moderna, but my husband's first dose was Astra Zeneca which was not originally accepted in the USA. (Originally, but now it is). 

Delta has rejected his upload of vaccination information because "one of the vaccine manufacturers is not from an accepted manufacturer". 

US entry requirements on a government site clearly states that Astra is accepted now but Delta does not see it that way.

Just go by the government requirements - study them carefully - and ensure that you have ALL your paperwork with you when you go through US Customs.

Note that sometimes Delta's system kicks back documentation for vaccinations. If you're absolutely positive that you have everything you need, print out all of the documentation and take it with you to the airport when you fly - and arrive early. I've had countless fun incidents at airports in the past three years, all because of apps rejected paperwork that was complete. (Not just Delta - also American, British and WestJet.) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

Note that sometimes Delta's system kicks back documentation for vaccinations. If you're absolutely positive that you have everything you need, print out all of the documentation and take it with you to the airport when you fly - and arrive early. I've had countless fun incidents at airports in the past three years, all because of apps rejected paperwork that was complete. (Not just Delta - also American, British and WestJet.) 

Yep - that is what we will do.  We know that we are compliant with all requirements - in fact, we do not have to prove vaccination to anyone before boarding the ship.  It is just the frustration that we have to now go and have the paperwork validated by a person and cannot just drop our bags and go through security.  However, because there is no requirement now, we may get to check in online and sail through anyway.

Yes, we have had other situations where we had to show paper... again, just frustrating that one of us is pre-cleared - so to speak - and the other is not.