Suite life on the Joy

LWAnthony

So, I was upgraded to a Penthouse Suite on the Joy for our upcoming Mexican Riviera trip in 2 weeks. I have hear conflicting reports about any perks the Suites get and would love to know if anyone has had any recent experience with staying in a suite on the JOY. 

Thanks! 

-Lane 

Are you staying in one of the SC class suites?  The Joy changed all the Suite perks around end of last year.  I don't have the most recent Joy Amenities sheet that shows the newer perks.

This thread talks about it.  

I stayed in an SC room on the Joy in September. The room was an excellent size, especially since we were on a 10-day cruise. We never felt crowded and had plenty of space for all our stuff. The balcony was very large and the windows spanned the entire width of the room. My favorite thing was the bathroom. I like tub-shower combos because the shower feels more spacious. The upgraded shower products worked just fine for me. The bed was super-comfortable. 

We enjoyed many of the on-demand movies for free. That was very helpful since the movies on loop on the channels got old fast. 

Dessert plates were delivered a few times. We only ate a couple items. Will ask for them to not be delivered next time. 

All-in-all we decided that we will be booking a suite again just for the size and upgraded amenities. We discussed the suite vs Haven and realized that we would rarely use any of the Haven amenities so we would only be missing the restaurant (which I hear is excellent). We will continue to save the cost of the Haven and splurge a little bit on the suite in the future. 

Have a great cruise!!!

Zoey!

Thank you so much for this review, it is exactly what I was looking for. I think we are going into this with expectations in check of a bigger space and that is about it. 

We do love the Haven, and the restaurant is top notch and that is what we will miss the most. But we are on a short 5 day trip with 3 specialty dining nights to it will be not as big a deal. 

I appreciate you taking the time to reply!!!

-Lane 

• Like 1