Discovery Norovirus update?

Auntiejo

Hello - Is there anyone either on Discovery currently or just off the ship on Saturday that can speak to the current norovirus situation on board? Have things improved from a couple weeks ago? I haven't seen any info from last week's sailing one way or another - hoping no news is good news!

9 minutes ago, Auntiejo said:

Hello - Is there anyone either on Discovery currently or just off the ship on Saturday that can speak to the current norovirus situation on board? Have things improved from a couple weeks ago? I haven't seen any info from last week's sailing one way or another - hoping no news is good news!

Just off Discovery on Saturday. Everything back to normal, they were serving you at the buffet the first couple of days but on Monday going forward it was self serve. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Just off Discovery on Saturday. Everything back to normal, they were serving you at the buffet the first couple of days but on Monday going forward it was self serve. 

Great news thank you! Side note - did you spend any time in The Sanctuary? Was it fully booked? Trying to determine my chances of securing a spot there and how early we need to get there to get what we want. I know every cruise is different….just curious how it was during your sailing. Thank you! 

21 minutes ago, Auntiejo said:

Great news thank you! Side note - did you spend any time in The Sanctuary? Was it fully booked? Trying to determine my chances of securing a spot there and how early we need to get there to get what we want. I know every cruise is different….just curious how it was during your sailing. Thank you! 

No, I didn’t book the sanctuary and I don’t know how crowded or not it was.

In reading other threads about it, seems you have to go there right after you board to get the spot you want. Good Luck!

Just got off Saturday and all seemed fine, they had someone posted at all the buffet entrances instructing people to wash their hands. Someone told me that there were over 1000 kids the Thanksgiving week that might have helped cause the issue. On our cruise I could count the kids on both hands.

Sanctuary was fully booked when my wife rushed up there on embarkation but it ended up being sweater/coat weather the first and last day so empty those days. I don't think it was every fully booked as it seemed to be a lot of empty chairs.

• Like 1