Pree-cruise check-in with the Personalizer

caribill

I went to do the entry of all the usual pre-cruise information in the Personalizere for an upcoming cruise and had a big surprise.

Princess has gone backwards again and removed all that data entry (credit card info, emergency contact, passport info, etc) from the Personalizer again. It only allows you to give your name, address, DOB and similar info. And yes, can indicate which types of cruises you would like to take in the future.

For the rest "Use the MedallionClass App to Check-in."

Guess they again assume every passenger has a digital device that Princess decided can support the App.

Since I could not use the Personalizer to enter any needed information, I called Princess to get help with getting Ocean Ready.

I reached a knowledgeable rep in the Philippines who basically told me all I needed to do to become Ocean Ready was to accept the cruise contract.

The rep did not have to read the 13,583 word Passage Contract over the phone. Instead I just had to accept the contract sight unseen for myself and for my spouse. Now we were both magically Ocean Ready.

(System must have picked up information such as credit card number from other bookings).

Then the rep took the order for the Medallions to be shipped to my home address. I almost instantly received confirming E-mails that the Medallions have been ordered (Thank you for your OceanMedallion Order # OCEAN-xxxxxxx).

Since this was the first segment of a B2B, I gave the booking number for the second segment.

Lo and behold!  Accepting the Passage Contract for the first segment was all that had been needed to make us Ocean Ready for the second booking.

• Like 1

Yes it is easy if you know what needs to be done. For every new cruise, it does pick up old information from  previous information except the credit card information.The application is getting better with each update.I always put my credit card in and add my husband to my card. Last few cruises his being added disappears once on board and I have to go to passenger services to add it.

What I like on board using my cell phone is the ability to check our bill without having to go to passenger services.  We are currently on the diamond Princess and the machines are also back to check your bill.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Yes it is easy if you know what needs to be done. For every new cruise, it does pick up old information from  previous information except the credit card information.The application is getting better with each update.I always put my credit card in and add my husband to my card. Last few cruises his being added disappears once on board and I have to go to passenger services to add it.

What I like on board using my cell phone is the ability to check our bill without having to go to passenger services.  We are currently on the diamond Princess and the machines are also back to check your bill.

How is the Diamond?