Indian Night in the buffet on Discovery Princess

SwimCarrie

I happened upon Indian Night in the buffet on a recent Discovery Princess cruise and the food was amazing! Was that a special thing or do they usually offer it once a cruise? Do you think it will offered on a 3 or 4 night cruise? I'm not a foodie, but it was so good, I might need to find a local buffet! (I probably enjoyed it so much because it was toned down for all the Americans!) Haha. The curry level was perfect! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SwimCarrie said:

I happened upon Indian Night in the buffet on a recent Discovery Princess cruise and the food was amazing! Was that a special thing or do they usually offer it once a cruise? Do you think it will offered on a 3 or 4 night cruise? I'm not a foodie, but it was so good, I might need to find a local buffet! (I probably enjoyed it so much because it was toned down for all the Americans!) Haha. The curry level was perfect! 

Most of the ships buffets have an Indian or Filipino selection each night.  It is constantly changing and almost always delicious.  I always seek this section out whenever I wander into the buffet.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Most of the ships buffets have an Indian or Filipino selection each night.  It is constantly changing and almost always delicious.  I always seek this section out whenever I wander into the buffet.  

Discovery currently has Indian night with lots and lots of Indian selections. Also, German night, Mongolian night, American night, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

Agreed, it was delicious!  

23 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

Was that a special thing or do they usually offer it once a cruise?

Although we did not attend, there were a number of theme nights in the buffet on both Regal and Island in October/November per the Princess Patter.  Indian, German, Italian - and one or two others I think.  Have always seen these on Princess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, that said:

May I inquire why taking own pause from cruising?

Sure. 

We had plans to sail in the Mediterranean area - and even take a long voyage to Singapore via Suez Canal and Dubai (stopping over for the Expo 2020).  Covid got in the way.  We tried to book Pacific Princess in the Med for Fall 2021 and they sold it.  We then booked four voyages in the Med area covering October and first half of November of 2022.  This used up PCL Gift Cards, FCD's, and FCC's from the cancellations.  We had a great time.

I am not at all happy with what Princess has been doing since Covid.  I do not like many of the decisions John Padgett has made.  The MC App was a total utter failure of an IT system that caused me (and most others) no end of aggravation.  I understand they had to lose staff during Covid and hard to get going again, but it has been very frustrating trying to deal with them and also for our TA to deal with them in regards to our bookings. 

This last set of voyages - it was great to be back at sea and travelling again, but we have other travel interests and I just don't choose to engage with cruising again right now, nor to dig into another line potentially.

That said, I did book us 2 FCD's each (totally refundable), which gives us options down the road.  I must say, I do have an interest in the new Sphere ship - simply for the experience of the ship.  But we really have a number of land trips we want to do and so it seems a time to step back and see how Princess manages in the next year or two without me having to worry every day if something got screwed up with our reservation.  My issues paled in comparison to what happened to our friends' bookings (sailed on all four with us).

• Thanks 1