"Fully Vaccinated" for Columbia

cruisintwinsmom

8 hours ago, cruisintwinsmom said:

If you have cruised to Columbia on HA, what is considered "fully vaccinated"? I have researched  and am still unsure if it means first 2 shots + 1 booster or do you need 2 boosters. What was your experience? TIA

Our experience is the first two doses or the single J&J shots.  No booster required. 

Edited by Crazy For Cats
Spelling

14 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I read initial doses and at least one booster...

If I'm reading the website correctly fully vaccinated is the primary doses.  Up to date includes a booster. 

We have been considered fully vaccinated with just the initial two Moderna shots. No boosters.  This was just last month.

• Like 2

We just received notice about Columbia requirements. Our notice says:

“No COVID-19 testing is required for guests who are fully vaccinated. To be considered fully vaccinated a guest must have completed their final dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days prior to embarkation.”

Fully vaccinated is the initial set of 2 Pfizer or 2 Moderna, or 1 J&J type. Those were the vaccines most commonly used in the US, not sure about other types or countries. No boosters mentioned. Boosters are for those who have been fully vaccinated. m—

15 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

You can confirm on the HAL website.  If it's not too far out their protocol page will tell you. 

HALS protocol page does not say anything about what fully vaccinated means, that is up to you to determine (a) from the cruise (b) if you get off at a foreign port.  That is at least how I read it.

Further this would need to me a 2022 cruise and when you read their page, they have not yet updated protocol for 2023.

thank you for all your responses. When I first posted I was not able to get onto HA's website. I found this answer under the faq's - "Fully vaccinated means that a guest received all the doses in an authorized or approved primary COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days prior to embarkation. Up to date means that a guest is fully vaccinated, and received at least 1 booster dose, if eligible before embarkation. Guests are considered “up to date” from the date of receiving their booster dose."

I imagine this definition would apply to both 2022 and 2023. 

Reading my notice closer,  it doesn't say your have to be "up to date" just "fully vaccinated".

Appreciate you all taking the time to respond.

• Like 1