Documentation Question

wemjam

Soooo wondering if anyone has run into this before?  And what Carnival's policy is.

We sent in the renewal on our passports over 5 weeks ago and expect they should be back before we cruise in 7 more weeks.

However, my back up plan was good old fashioned birth certificate, photo id, etc. if we had to.

If I check in my 16 days before I cruise and have to mark "birth certificate" can I go back and change and reprint docs before we leave house to fly out if passport suddenly arrives?  Never had to go back in and change anything after we were all checked in or last minute.

Worst case I would guess if I have it in hand, they can switch it to passport at the port when we get there?  Just know makes it way easier to get off ship with passport on file.  (Since they put it in, we have only ever had to do the facial recognition and walk out, no customs or anything.  Cruised with brother and sister in law 2 months ago and they didn't have passport, they got sent to a different line and had to see a customs agent)

35 minutes ago, wemjam said:

If I check in my 16 days before I cruise and have to mark "birth certificate" can I go back and change and reprint docs before we leave house to fly out if passport suddenly arrives? 

yes you can go back in and change it anytime until i think 24 hours prior to sail date. there is no need to print documents. all of your cruise documents remain the same.

Thanks all!  That helps.  Just decided last minute this week to book for January (and we submitted the passports right after we returned from our last cruise - they were expiring in like 5 weeks lol).

Just keep my fingers crossed they show up in time.

Just a short jaunt to Key West at Cozumel so not overly worried, and at least birth certificate and license will still do it.