Platinum and excess to cabin

cruisinmeme

1 hour ago, cruisinmeme said:

NCL use to allow platinum passengers early access to cabin for dropping g off luggage. It has been 2 years since I have cruised and wonder if that is still happening. 

That isn’t something that I ever recall happening.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

NCL use to allow platinum passengers early access to cabin for dropping g off luggage. It has been 2 years since I have cruised and wonder if that is still happening. 

They allow Platinum and above to BOARD earlier (after Haven) but I've never had early access to my cabin.  

• Like 1

We are Platinum and did a B2B Oct/Nov 22, and the big doors were closed to all the hallways so that you couldn't even get to your room.  I thought that since we were B2B we would be able to get to our room, but we couldn't. So I would say that no, you wouldn't be able to get to them early.  I do remember before that we could drop off bags, but with them closing the hall entry doors, I guess you can't any more.

On the Bliss in September we boarded at 11.15 (we are Platinum) and carried on our luggage...went straight to the Atrium bar and had a couple of drinks...at 12.15 we walked to our cabin (doors to the corridor were closed but not locked)...my DW went in the corridor and found a steward and asked if we could put our cases outside the room...he said our room was ready so we could put them inside. Obviously we were very lucky as normally they don't let you in until they announce the rooms are ready.

9 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

I do remember before that we could drop off bags, but with them closing the hall entry doors, I guess you can't any more.

On my very first NCL cruise, 11 years ago, I remember going to my cabin before they were cleared, simply because I didn't know any better.  I recall coming to the realization (maybe because I didn't see anyone else around) that maybe I shouldn't be there.

I never understood the big deal.  Even if you're among the first to board, as I am, you get lunch and maybe a drink  By then, rooms are generally ready.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

On my very first NCL cruise, 11 years ago, I remember going to my cabin before they were cleared, simply because I didn't know any better.  I recall coming to the realization (maybe because I didn't see anyone else around) that maybe I shouldn't be there.

I never understood the big deal.  Even if you're among the first to board, as I am, you get lunch and maybe a drink  By then, rooms are generally ready.

Yeah, I don't understand why this is a thing.  I check my big bag and carry my backpack on board.  It fits nicely on the extra space in the booth at the Local, and they generally announce room availability before I finish my second cocktail.  Worst case scenario?  I guess we need to order one more round!  🤣

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2022 at 11:38 PM, cruisinmeme said:

There are not any excess cabins on most crusies.

On 12/9/2022 at 3:44 PM, phillygwm said:

Did exactly the same my first cruise!  Nowadays I've seen them block access to the cabins.