Really appalling Princess on land Guest Support

jrbeccles

To the OP: How much did your cruise cost? How big a percentage of that is $50? How much emotional energy is worth $50? Just do as suggested and enjoy your life. Your$50 will be taken care of on board. Also, we ate in a specialty restaurant tonight and the servers outnumbered the customers. Just show up when you want or reserve that day. Do not make life hard.

58 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The OP and probably millions of others should attend the funeral service for Custo Mer Service. Custo passed away a few years ago and was replaced with a dozen Gen X trainees who lack training, authority and almost always common sense.

I don’t want to make you sound or look as  ignorant as the OP, but the youngest GenXer is 42.  Many of us are in pretty senior roles at this point.   Very few  of us are trainee anything.  Some of us climbed the corporate ladder quite nicely.   

The OP got a solid answer from customer care the first time they called.    They didn’t like the answer they got, so they spent a lot of time and effort getting it again.    Why should wrath be directed at shoreside customer care when the answer to onboard revenue issues (and speciality dining promos *are* just that) is best found onboard?

The app or website didn’t mysteriously charge - there was a page where the OP was asked to pay $50, and they did, despite having specialty dining credits.  They just don’t like being told they have to wait to resolve the issue of their own creation. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The OP and probably millions of others should attend the funeral service for Custo Mer Service. Custo passed away a few years ago and was replaced with a dozen Gen X trainees who lack training, authority and almost always common sense.

Oh geeze.  Another 'the younger generation can't do anything right'. Which has been said about every generation since there's been humans.  

20 hours ago, ldtr said:

So instead of easily correcting it on board as they recommended, you choose to continue to consume large amounts of time, and accomplished absolutely nothing.

Welcome the internet.

To quote Dave Barry, the internet is CB radio with typing.

Keep the shiney side up!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I think you forgot, “hey kids, get off of my lawn!”

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

While I sympathize with the fact that this SHOULD have been fixable while on a call, the moral of the story here is that there is no way that you have now endured less aggravation and time wasting than you would have on the ship. And the comparison isn't 316 minutes versus 60.  It is more like 316 versus 10.  Guest Services is adjacent to the International Cafe.  Each time you go to the IC, all you have to do is take a peek to see if there is a sizable line at GS.  There is no way that over the course of an entire cruise that there isn't some time during the day that the line is 2-3 people long at the most.  The other suggestion for the future is the Chat Feature on the website.  No obnoxious hold music and you can multi-task as you wait for a CSR to begin the chat.  Longest I have waited is about 7 minutes and they seem to be able to do pretty much everything that I have needed done.  Can't promise that they would have fixed your particular issue, but I would have chosen Chat over a 226 minute hold time.   

I tried the chat for the first time this morning.  I logged in at 7:40a - and it said I was 4th in the queue 20 minutes later I was #1, then #2, then I logged out after waiting over 30 minutes.