Hotel the Night Before the Cruise- Leaving from Port Canaveral

karenna00

We will be flying in to MCO the night before our Disney Wish cruise. Will be arriving fairly late. Is it best to stay the night near the airport or near the port? Wondering what the pros and cons of both would be other than the obvious that staying near the airport means our heads hit a pillow much earlier. Any specific hotel recommendations? For 4 people, what ends up being the best way (most convenient or most economical) to get to the port the day of the cruise? Prepandemic we were seasoned cruisers. This will be our first cruise since the pandemic and it has me feeling like a newbie again. Thank you in advance for your PRO TIPS!

3 hours ago, karenna00 said:

We will be flying in to MCO the night before our Disney Wish cruise. Will be arriving fairly late. Is it best to stay the night near the airport or near the port? Wondering what the pros and cons of both would be other than the obvious that staying near the airport means our heads hit a pillow much earlier. Any specific hotel recommendations? For 4 people, what ends up being the best way (most convenient or most economical) to get to the port the day of the cruise? Prepandemic we were seasoned cruisers. This will be our first cruise since the pandemic and it has me feeling like a newbie again. Thank you in advance for your PRO TIPS!

I prefer staying at the Hyatt MCO and taken directly (via DCL transfers) from hotel to port.  Especially arriving late at night.  I don't want to be trying to wrangle luggage and transfers to an off-site hotel in the middle of the night.  And, since you can't board until mid day, anyway, there's really no need to be that close to the port the next morning.

Typically 4 people is the break even spot for whether you do DCL transfers or private transfers in what the cost is.