Island Princess Aloha Cabin

Dievlieger

We’re sailing on the Island Princess next year. We booked a forward balcony cabin on Dolphin deck (we prefer being forward in the ship). I noticed yesterday that our cabin has changed (mysteriously) to Aloha deck A525. That seems to be right below the Lotus Spa pool area. I once made the mistake many years ago of booking a cabin below the pool deck on another ship and the noise was terrible. Does anyone have experience of this area on the Island Princess and can you let us know how you went specifically with noise or anything else relevant? We tend to spend a fair amount of time in our cabin and especially on the balcony. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Dievlieger said:

We’re sailing on the Island Princess next year. We booked a forward balcony cabin on Dolphin deck (we prefer being forward in the ship). I noticed yesterday that our cabin has changed (mysteriously) to Aloha deck A525. That seems to be right below the Lotus Spa pool area. I once made the mistake many years ago of booking a cabin below the pool deck on another ship and the noise was terrible. Does anyone have experience of this area on the Island Princess and can you let us know how you went specifically with noise or anything else relevant? We tend to spend a fair amount of time in our cabin and especially on the balcony. Thanks!

I agree with @Rick&Jeannie call right away and get your original cabin back with whomever booked it for you…..TA/CVP or Princess.  Also, make sure they mark your booking “No Upgrade.”   Or, you may find they change you again.

Unfortunately, with Princess, even if your mark your cabin "No Upgrade" they will sometimes "upgrade" you anyway and in my experience to a less desirable location - probably so they can resell the perfect cabin you picked originally after much study of the deck plans.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

After an unwanted "upgrade" several years ago, I now check my Princess booking every morning and if I've been "upgraded" I get on the horn as soon as my TA opens and get my original perfect cabin back.  (cabins above, below, and across the corridor)

Edited by SargassoPirate