Upgrading to All Included after booking

RJM1017

A family member gifted us a cruise this coming summer (I know very nice).  She booked it as a cruise only fare.  Is there a way for my DW and I to upgrade to All Included without messing up the reservation/requiring a rebooking?  We don’t want the gift giver to end up with extra costs on her Credit card or anything like that.  

Thank you for any insight/thoughts you can provide.   

You have to call Celebrity and they will give you the CURRENT price for the All included. I tried to do this with Aqua on the Edge. I thought Aqua had everything included but found out it was "cruise only". I have no idea if the prices are lower now or when you first bought it. For us, the price difference was too much so we kept it cruise only. The tips is the same price, and we wanted upgraded wi-fi so it was better for us to pay for upgraded wi-fi. Then we added one device on the cruise and we got a 25% discount with Captain's Elite. For the drinks, we waited to see if we would really use it. I had read reviews about slow service and I calculated that I had to drink about $70 per day per person to get the full benefit. I like a nice cocktail but I saw so many couples fighting on the cruise (after one too many drinks)...one guy said he had 22 drinks in one day! LOL! My husband was going to add it after day two at a reduced price but we didn't miss it. haha! I hope that helps. I priced it out separately, and you can save $1,000 if you only use the basic wi-fi. If you upgrade the wi-fi then the savings is $500, but it all depends on the current pricing when you call Celebrity.

I am pretty sure that it would require cancellation and rebooking. However, all of the components that make up AI (drink package, internet access, and prepaid tips) can easily be purchased separately. That will cost a little more than AI would have cost but, under the circumstances, it would almost certainly be better than cancelling and rebooking.  Another (more expensive) way would be to upgrade the reservation to a higher room category. If you do that with Celebrity (or the travel agent who booked the reservation, if any), you should be able to include AI with the upgrade. 

5 hours ago, actuarian said:

I am pretty sure that it would require cancellation and rebooking. However, all of the components that make up AI (drink package, internet access, and prepaid tips) can easily be purchased separately. That will cost a little more than AI would have cost but, under the circumstances, it would almost certainly be better than cancelling and rebooking.  Another (more expensive) way would be to upgrade the reservation to a higher room category. If you do that with Celebrity (or the travel agent who booked the reservation, if any), you should be able to include AI with the upgrade. 

If you call Celebrity, they can add it for you and charge the difference. The rep spoke to a Supervisor and said it is possible to add and charge the difference.

When we booked our cruise, our travel agent was having difficulties adding the AI option.  He ended up booking it as a cruise only fare, then he called X after to have the AI option added. It went through as two separate charges on our credit card. So i think it may be able to add it after.

On 12/11/2022 at 4:44 PM, atripletreat said:

When we booked our cruise, our travel agent was having difficulties adding the AI option.  He ended up booking it as a cruise only fare, then he called X after to have the AI option added. It went through as two separate charges on our credit card. So i think it may be able to add it after.

Perhaps, but the difference between Cruise only and AI is that the exactly the same in all cruises.

I suspect the TA/Celebrity resolved the issue causing the difficulty.  You may have paid the prevailing rate with the AI. Since it was after the final payment, they may have just charged you the difference.

The Celebrity invoice (and maybe the TA’s invoice) would indicate what they did.  

I am fairly confident that the AI is not available as a separate stand alone item.

Since you asked for the AI from the beginning, I am glad to received it.

Edited by jagoffee