Forward cabins on E-class ships- question

evelynw2

What sort of cabin are you wondering about, what deck and how close to the Bridge? I just disembarked from The Beyond today and we had a deluxe porthole veranda, stateroom 8118, starboard forward.

If this is the area of the ship you are interested in, I can tell you some details or load some pics I took of the room and the veranda view. 

We disembarked the Edge on November 11th after a 36-day B2B2B in 11104.  We were just aft of the bridge and didn't find the fact that our forward view was blocked to be an issue at all.  While sailing anything blocked by the bridge eventually came into view.

If you're on deck 10 I'm thinking the bridge will not be much of an issue for you at all.

1 hour ago, evelynw2 said:

Thanks Lew! Did you find any issues with engine noise , privacy , or  inconvenience to get to elevators /venues being far forward ?

As @davekathy states, there's no issue with engine noise on that level.  Also no vibration of any kind.

We were maybe 100 feet from the forward elevators and found the location very convenient.  We were in the Retreat...nearly everything we needed was on decks 12-16.

Attractions on 4 are a quick ride down.  The solarium, main pool, and Oceanview Cafe are all on 14...a ride up then easy walk aft.

Disembarkation for port calls required a walk to the aft elevators, then down to 2.  Tendering was quick and efficient.

We've been on 60+ cruises and we agree our Edge cruise was one of our best ever!!

Our friends had deck 10 forward and loved it. We had Aqua deck 10 midship and had a small obstruction to the left with the rooms butting out. Not a big deal as we could still see the Captain parallel parking in some ports.

We had 11 days on the Edge and loved it. We did have some rough sea days. Our friend did say that their infinite verandah made knocking noises. So much that they had to be moved. We had a little bit of knocking noises on 10 midship.