Port of Charleston

DancersImage

We have an upcoming cruise with a port stop in Charleston, SC. This will be our first time in that port . We are in the process of planning excursions and activities. We are looking for input from someone with prior experience with this port regarding whether or not the Historical District is within walking distance of the port. Thanks for any recommendations and Happy Holidays. 

We were on Summit last spring with stop in Charleston.  Ship docked very close to the market place.  Local free tourist bus stops near the ship.  It has a few routes making getting around easy.  Contact Charleston visitor center and order free info. Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DancersImage said:

We have an upcoming cruise with a port stop in Charleston, SC. This will be our first time in that port . We are in the process of planning excursions and activities. We are looking for input from someone with prior experience with this port regarding whether or not the Historical District is within walking distance of the port. Thanks for any recommendations and Happy Holidays. 

It's within walking distance, and yep, the free local bus has a stop right outside the entrance of the port. The historic Charleston City Market is about a two block walk away(definitely check out their website), and Waterfront Park is also within walking distance There's little to no shade in the port area after leaving the terminal, so definitely bring a hat

• Thanks 1

I cruised out of Charleston last year. I stayed at the Andrew Pinckney hotel and walked to the ship in the morning. It is an easy walk down Market street. Take Market street to the end and make a left on Concord st. When you get to Pritchard st and see where the bus exit is that is where you enter when walking on the ship. There will be port workers at this entry. When I went one of the port workers told me I had enter on Washington street where the cars enter. I walked around there and they said that was for cars only and sent me back to the first place I was at. Asked another port worker and he told me yes this is where you enter. Once you enter the gate you will see porters on your right to check your bag. Then you enter the terminal building. 

BAF4E2D1-0747-41B1-A76A-16DCFE6E2556.jpeg

Edited by splintz