Use of electric mobility buggy & adapted cabin on Bolette

LandHo18

Hello everyone.  Anyone have experience of booking the adapted cabin on Bolette (Highland Deck, I think) and taking an electric mobility buggy on board?  FO say we would need to store the buggy in the cabin (and charge it there) and I`m pondering how feasible this is.  Interested in hearing from anyone who`s done this - how did things go, how was embarkation/disembarkation, etc., Many thanks.

56 minutes ago, LandHo18 said:

Hello everyone.  Anyone have experience of booking the adapted cabin on Bolette (Highland Deck, I think) and taking an electric mobility buggy on board?  FO say we would need to store the buggy in the cabin (and charge it there) and I`m pondering how feasible this is.  Interested in hearing from anyone who`s done this - how did things go, how was embarkation/disembarkation, etc., Many thanks.

We are not in need of an adapted cabin, but we have been moved to a partially adapted cabin on deck two, (?2555), because if a problem with our booked cabin.  It was absolutely massive, (I think about twice the size of the other cabins in the same grade), so I expect you would be fine if the cabin you are looking at is a similar size, but if you do not get a response here, Fred's head office would likely be able to help regards actual size of the cabin and practicality.  All the cabins on those ex Hal ships are a very good size compared to many cruise lines.

Cabin sizes on another cruise line are something I am looking into for future cruises we have booked. We have recently vacated a deluxe balcony cabin in P&O's Aurora and are checking cabins we have booked on other Aurora cruises as some, including the standard balconies, are actually quite small and/or badly designed.  That is one thing Fred has been quite good with for us in recent years - we have never had a shortage of storage space or room to move about the cabin.  Hence just something that is in our minds at present.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LandHo18 said:

thanks for the info.  Unfortunately Fred say their adapted cabins are the same square footage/meterage as regular c

abins....!

Oh dear not good, though must admit the cabins on those ships are a very good size.  I do realise though that someone with mobility issues would have more problems moving about a cabin.  Cruise mapper has plans of cabin layouts which may be some help.

25 minutes ago, LandHo18 said:

thanks for the info.  Unfortunately Fred say their adapted cabins are the same square footage/meterage as regular c

abins....!

Another thought is that you may be able to find somewhere on social media which is followed by more people, so you may be able to get an answer to your original question there.  Sorry, but I cannot point you in the direction of any particular group as it is against the rules on here. 

Edited by tring

When we were on the Bolette in June we were given an adapted cabin as some sort of upgrade but it didn''t have any extra space as far as I could see.  Maybe the bathroom had a better layout but don't get too excited about it!

• Like 1