Mardi Gras question

maryhou

9 minutes ago, maryhou said:

Does anyone happen to know if you can buy a spa package just to use the sauna and steam room for the week?  Or does the mardi gras even have those available?  I liked the days when they were absolutely  FREE 🙂

Yes, you can buy a thermal suite weekly pass. If you're contemplating it, I would do it before boarding, it's probably at least $50 cheaper than booking on-board. 

FYI, there's a complementary Co-Ed sauna in the Cloud nine spa that's accessible to everyone without a thermal suite pass. It's just outside the women's spa locker room using the rear door. By the same token, both the men's & women's spa locker rooms are usable for all guests, whether or not you have a treatment or thermal suite pass. Unlike other Carnival ships the locker rooms are nowhere near the gym (they're in the lower level inside the Cloud nine spa area) so it's not apparent that they are available to everyone. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

I just took a quick look on our MG sailing next month... looks like it starts at $30/day (I didn't see any options for multi-day passes), however there are none available for our sailing. Not sure if that is specific to our sailing or if it applies generally to MG. I didn't see it in the available spa services, so used the search bar to find the daily price.

1 minute ago, ctlyf said:

I just took a quick look on our MG sailing next month... looks like it starts at $30/day (I didn't see any options for multi-day passes), however there are none available for our sailing. Not sure if that is specific to our sailing or if it applies generally to MG. I didn't see it in the available spa services, so used the search bar to find the daily price.

I know for fact that both the MG and Celebration do offer whole cruise thermal suite passes pre-cruise, so it may be your cruise specifically. If I remember correctly it's listed under relaxation areas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctlyf said:

Check and see if there’s a couples thermal suites pass. Sometimes that’s all they offer if it’s getting full. And you don’t have to be a married couple either. It can be a friend or daughter or son etc. 

21 minutes ago, AHS123 said:

Yes but now that it's unisex I don't like sharing the space with hairy men. I thought one was a grizzly bear in the steam room. 

You should avoid going to spas in Germany then, where it's total nudity. I'm no prude AT ALL, and enjoy being nude in an all male spa situation, but it was definitely cultural shock having men and women totally nude in the saunas, steam rooms, and relaxation areas. Germans also have a whole spa ritual process in how they use the steam and saunas and it was interesting how everyone followed the rules to a T without exception. 

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I know for fact that both the MG and Celebration do offer whole cruise thermal suite passes pre-cruise, so it may be your cruise specifically. If I remember correctly it's listed under relaxation areas.

Ahh yes... you are correct. I did find the 7 day package for $149. Not sure how I missed it the first go around or why it didn't show up when I tried searching.