MS Rotterdam Caribbean cruise

cruising oceangal

17 hours ago, Crew News said:

If you eat in the Pinnacle Grill, you can have it every time.

They do it very well, too. We make creme brulé at home as a treat, but the balance of the Pinnacle's short + wide dish, and the lightly seasoned custard is fantastic.

Edited by robotpony
Spelling
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Rotterdam is packed tight. Maitre D told us tonight (Gala Night, lobster.. Yum) we are 2046 over capacity of 2600 and to expect the same next week. Kiddos special sail free..

2446 for next week's cruise.  Lobster, other than the $15 surcharge, was not on the menu I downloaded today so hope it happens for free tonight and next week as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

2446 for next week's cruise.  Lobster, other than the $15 surcharge, was not on the menu I downloaded today so hope it happens for free tonight and next week as well.

No free lobster since we've been onboard. $15, $18, $20 between Tamarind, Canelletto, MDR. Dover sole in Rudi's rated higher this week IMO than their lobster. 

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

No free lobster since we've been onboard. $15, $18, $20 between Tamarind, Canelletto, MDR. Dover sole in Rudi's rated higher this week IMO than their lobster. 

My NYE dinner had lobster tail and I hope you get it for Christmas Eve dinner in the MDR this year. 

FWIW here are links for the 10- and 11-Day MDR menus:  Caribbean 2023 MDR 10-Day Menus and Caribbean 2023 11-Day MDR Menus if you want to plan ahead.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Rotterdam is packed tight. Maitre D told us tonight (Gala Night, lobster.. Yum) we are 2046 over capacity of 2600 and to expect the same next week. Kiddos special sail free.. 

Is this normal to carry more passengers?  

14 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We embarked Rotterdam on Dec 11th. On board for 45 days, disembarking on Jan 25th 2023.

We left FLL yesterday (Wed) 

Today the trivia is back to 1 pm and 7 pm.

Afternoon tea is at 3 pm.

Tonight is Dressy Night. 2nd day. At sea. 

We have over 400 kids onboard for the holiday. It seems they all showed up for the tree lighting ceremony last night.. Most will disembark on Dec 28th.

We were on board last year as well (32 days) and we avoided Lido unless we went early in the morning. Read and had drinks in the Crow's Nest, trivia, then drinks in Ocean Bar before dinner. It wasn't so "kid busy" if you know where to go. 😉

There are some comfy chairs with blankets in the Library and you can bring a cup of tea or whatever and watch the waves in quiet.

Hope that helps. 

1221221914_HDR.thumb.jpg.b525f3d1dcee35fecd791ae3aad9cdf6.jpg536569533_1221221710b2.thumb.jpg.dd3e2de6da41f04b9012867bb0533a92.jpg

Seasick - keep the ship in good shape - we will be boarding 14 January for 42 days.

5 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

I think it was supposed to be 246 (instead of 2046) over capacity of 2600.  It is my understanding that capacity is the lower berths filled and over capacity would consist of third and fourth persons in a cabin.

Thank you.🙂🙃🙂

7 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

I think it was supposed to be 246 (instead of 2046) over capacity of 2600.  It is my understanding that capacity is the lower berths filled and over capacity would consist of third and fourth persons in a cabin.

I will double check the number today. He clearly told me over 2800, but I'll ask Renzo this morning.

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I will double check the number today. He clearly told me over 2800, but I'll ask Renzo this morning.

When you do that,  could you let them know I'm fine with us only having 1/2 of that on the Feb 4th sailing😁

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yes the number is 2846 plus 1000 crew members per Lenzo our hotel F & B mgr.

Thanks for the confirmation.  No one should be surprised that the ships are sailing with a lot of kids in the 3 and 4 bunks over the Christmas holiday.  Hopefully the number of kids onboard will drop for your cruises in January.

1 hour ago, Zanne208 said:

When you do that,  could you let them know I'm fine with us only having 1/2 of that on the Feb 4th sailing😁

Me too but people on the roll call are saying the 2/4 cruise is sold out!🥺