Sometimes HAL's offers are a joke!

funntheson

I was just pricing a one week Alaska cruise using the new offer of up to 30% off, with a free upgrade, etc. You have to choose the Have it all package in order to qualify for the upgrade. Now for the funny part. When I select the outside cabin with a free upgrade (which is probably an obstructed veranda) and the HIA package, it gives me a price that is about $100 higher than if I select a standard veranda cabin (not obstructed) and the HIA package. Where is the bargain here? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a joke. My niece booked an inside cabin for a 2024 cruise for 1100 with have it all. Checking today PCC is saying the prices that come up for the verandah or ocean view reflect the lower category price for the upgrade. Inside cabin still costs 1100. Oceanview which should be priced as an inside is over 1700. 

I find a lot of what they claim are "deals" a joke.  I was looking at a specific cruise while logged into their site, it said "sold out."  So I look at the same cruise w/o being logged in & it is available for anyone else. 

We booked a cruise while on a cruise to get the "black Friday" deal where crew appreciation is included.  As it turns out, I could have booked the same cruise & paid crew appreciation for less than what we paid.   

It's all just marketing, people.  Pretty sure every cruise line does it.  Probably every business that sells to the public does it.

I just look for the cruise I want in the time frame and if I find a price I'm willing to pay, I book.  if it comes with perks, great.  If not, then I wait and see if I can add some later.  Sometimes I just go on a bare bones fare and pay for what I use.

I try not to get sucked into "sale" adverts.

• Like 1