Purchased Princess Plus, under the old price, will the new pricing scheme be honored?

kilili

The app will correct itself at some point when the data is transferred to the ship.  I too was showing a package that was not purchased, in the weeks leading up to the cruise. There was no confusion on board.

Your cruise summary will show what you have purchased, and that data will be on the ship when you board. Don’t expect to go to the PSD and have a package you haven’t purchased show up on your app. (And if you try to show screenshots, you will look silly)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, princesscruise2020 said:

We are having the same situation as Musky! I have 2 bookings. Both are 50 plus when we bought in September 2022 under LOVE BOAT PROMOTION INCLUDING wifi, crew appreciation and Plus Beverage.  I open the medallion app under PACKAGES: One reservation is showing 60+juice bar (wifi, crew, appreciation, plus beverage, premium dessert, fitness class, causal dining, medallion shipping, ocean ready delivery, and room service delivery) The other one is showing PLUS (only has wifi, crew appreciation and plus beverage).  It’s so strange that both reservations show different benefits for the same plus 50 packages. I will go to  customer services desk to codify the components of the past package that I bought. Therefore, I will not get the price on the statements. 

When I look at the app it shows no packages, although on the website under travel summary they show. Any suggestions?

I am about to attempt to try something on our upcoming cruise (Saturday 23 Sept). We bought the $50 package when we first booked and know that we will not get the added benefits of the $60 package. Since the first leg of the cruise is a 2 day, booked alone, cruise prior to the 27 day B2B, I am going to try to upgrade to the  premier $80 package. I figure that the additional $60 pp will more than pay for itself with specialty restaurants which are part of the package-Wish me luck 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2022 at 3:37 PM, kilili said:

Hello all, 

I booked a cruise last Sunday and booked with the Plus Package, when the drink price limit was 12.00 per day.  The cruise is in June.  Now I see that the price  of the package has gone up and and the limit for drinks has gone up to 15.00.  This makes me think that the a la carte price of drinks will go up as well.  The question is, will we be limited to the 12.00 limit per drink prices?  Or do they consider that we have a Plus package and give us the perks of the Plus package valid at the time of sailing?  I am concerned that if the cost a la carte goes up and our limit stays at 12.00 then we will not get the value advertised when we purchased.  Anyone know or have experience with this?  We have cruised other lines, but this would be our first Princess Cruise.

Thanks in advance,

You will have a fight on your hands but be persistent

I just finished 7 day Diamond Princess on Oct 14, 2023! I had an OLD plus package including gratuity, wifi and drinks (up to $12) booked in July 2022.  I went to the customer services after I embarked on the first day. They honored the old package without charging the OceanReady $14.99 delivery, but it did not include the other perks like premium dessert, fitness class or causal dining etc in the NEW plus.  The drink was limited up to $15 not $12!!  However, they charged me $14.99 on the disembarking day.  I am still disputing with Princess.  It is very frustrating to deal with Princess customer services on the phone.  It’s better to talk to them while you are in the ship.  Good luck.