Purchased Princess Plus, under the old price, will the new pricing scheme be honored?

kilili

Hello all, 

I booked a cruise last Sunday and booked with the Plus Package, when the drink price limit was 12.00 per day.  The cruise is in June.  Now I see that the price  of the package has gone up and and the limit for drinks has gone up to 15.00.  This makes me think that the a la carte price of drinks will go up as well.  The question is, will we be limited to the 12.00 limit per drink prices?  Or do they consider that we have a Plus package and give us the perks of the Plus package valid at the time of sailing?  I am concerned that if the cost a la carte goes up and our limit stays at 12.00 then we will not get the value advertised when we purchased.  Anyone know or have experience with this?  We have cruised other lines, but this would be our first Princess Cruise.

Thanks in advance,

That's a good question.  I have to assume that you paid 50 per day for the current plus package you have.  The new package is now 60 per day, with the higher limit and the desserts and classes added. 

We paid 40 per day on our last April Discovery cruise as well as our 14 day to Alaska in 2023 for the plus package with the 12.00 limit.   I would have to assume that you have the plus package so you should be good, but you just won't get the desserts and classes, but I could be wrong.  The only person that could answer this is someone that will have an upcoming cruise that paid the 50 per day and then they would be able to see if the drinks are up to 12 or up to 15.

Edited by CruizinSusan70

It would be pretty hard to separate out all the people with old plus versus old beverage package etc. Plus you'd have to consider that all the people that are cruising in the immediate future who have already booked would be lined up at guest services all day.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, dog said:

You get what you paid for. Limit is $12 per drink.

Any excess will be charged to your account.

Say when I purchased the package a cocktail was 11.00.  It would qualify for the package.  The price goes up to 13.00.  Now that same cocktail would not be included.  So the things that would be included are fewer, does decreasing the value of my purchase (or not honoring the inclusions I paid for).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

"Purchased Princess Plus, under the old price, will the new pricing scheme be honored?"

I assume you are speaking in regards to an already booked cruise?

Don't you mean "Will the old pricing scheme be honored?"

Yes I meant with the old pricing scheme be honored.  Too late to edit topic now.

14 minutes ago, kilili said:

Say when I purchased the package a cocktail was 11.00.  It would qualify for the package.  The price goes up to 13.00.  Now that same cocktail would not be included.  So the things that would be included are fewer, does decreasing the value of my purchase (or not honoring the inclusions I paid for).

I did read something about this, not sure where, but it addresses the issue that you get what you paid for. They have a way to code it on your medallion. 
Will have to wait and see. In a few months.

10 minutes ago, dog said:

I did read something about this, not sure where, but it addresses the issue that you get what you paid for. They have a way to code it on your medallion. 

That's kind of my point though.  I paid for the ability to consume certain drinks without any additional charges.  When those drink prices go up, if the company does not adjust our package, I will not be able to consume those drinks without paying.  So I would not be getting what I paid for.

On a different cruise line this summer I had a similar experience.  When we boarded, I noticed that the "all inclusive" that I had purchased had changed, and I would no longer be able to get many of the things I had originally paid for.  (Company was AI, but in between the time I booked and sailed the added drink packages).  I complained and they had to honor all of the drinks in what they called the "old drink menu".

We booked a cruise for April/23 under the old Princess Plus. Our cruise personalizer now describes our Princess Plus package as follows. Clearly excludes only new items and I would argue that it now includes the unlimited juice bar.

PRINCESS PLUS

• Princess® dining, accommodations and entertainment
  • MedallionClass® experience
  • Plus Beverage Package
    (drinks up to $15 each, includes unlimited juice bar)
  • Wi-Fi (1 device per guest)
  • Crew appreciation
  • NEW Premium desserts (2 per day)
  • NEW Fitness classes (2 per cruise)

Total Value: $140 USD
per day per guest

Overall Savings of 57%!

Your Cost: $60 USD
per day per guest

Purchased
"New" items are not included in your current package. Please contact us or your travel agent to make changes to your package.

Learn more

/images/global/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/premier-seawitch-logo-640x78.png 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wendellman said:

We booked a cruise for April/23 under the old Princess Plus. Our cruise personalizer now describes our Princess Plus package as follows. Clearly excludes only new items and I would argue that it now includes the unlimited juice bar.

PRINCESS PLUS

• Princess® dining, accommodations and entertainment
  • MedallionClass® experience
  • Plus Beverage Package
    (drinks up to $15 each, includes unlimited juice bar)
  • Wi-Fi (1 device per guest)
  • Crew appreciation
  • NEW Premium desserts (2 per day)
  • NEW Fitness classes (2 per cruise)

Total Value: $140 USD
per day per guest

Overall Savings of 57%!

Your Cost: $60 USD
per day per guest

Purchased
"New" items are not included in your current package. Please contact us or your travel agent to make changes to your package.

Learn more

/images/global/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/premier-seawitch-logo-640x78.png 

In the terms and conditions below it mentions the juice bar is off limits but nothing about the increase in standard prices for drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, kilili said:

I don't know the answer to this but it is similar to what happened when the introduced the new Premiere package. Drinks (specifically wine) that used to be under the $12 limit and included were now over $12 and not included. It could be the same, but we won't know until the first sailings after the new packages kick in.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I don't know the answer to this but it is similar to what happened when the introduced the new Premiere package. Drinks (specifically wine) that used to be under the $12 limit and included were now over $12 and not included. It could be the same, but we won't know until the first sailings after the new packages kick in.

I think the fact that they specifically mentioned that the limit is going up on the package we already have we would be covered

42 minutes ago, dog said:

It has already been coded on my future cruise.  In the personalizer it now shows “50” after the plus beverage package which I assume identifies that I paid the $50 plus price.

Plus Beverage Package - 50

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

YES!

7 hours ago, t&atravel said:

It has already been coded on my future cruise.  In the personalizer it now shows “50” after the plus beverage package which I assume identifies that I paid the $50 plus price.

Plus Beverage Package - 50

YES

Answers to come after NEW packages kick in.

8 hours ago, fpsphil said:

It would be pretty hard to separate out all the people with old plus versus old beverage package etc. Plus you'd have to consider that all the people that are cruising in the immediate future who have already booked would be lined up at guest services all day.

Everyone got notice and could prepay the difference for the upgrade by today. I’m sure it’s not a problem for Princess to determine which package you paid for. I wouldn’t expect to get drinks up to 15.00. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kilili said:

That's kind of my point though.  I paid for the ability to consume certain drinks without any additional charges.  When those drink prices go up, if the company does not adjust our package, I will not be able to consume those drinks without paying.  So I would not be getting what I paid for.

On a different cruise line this summer I had a similar experience.  When we boarded, I noticed that the "all inclusive" that I had purchased had changed, and I would no longer be able to get many of the things I had originally paid for.  (Company was AI, but in between the time I booked and sailed the added drink packages).  I complained and they had to honor all of the drinks in what they called the "old drink menu".

You aren’t paying for a specific drink, just drinks below 12.00. Hopefully there is no price increase to individual drinks.. just a better selection at the 15.00 mark. 

• Like 1

Interestingly, for us who have booked the Plus package on the Australian website, our cruises now say Princess Plus 50, and it includes drinks up to $16.  For us, the Plus Package on non-Australian dollar cruises (eg Europe, Alaska) never included gratuities, so this shift from $12 to $16 is the only difference.  So, old Plus packages purchased before the change now includes wifi for one device, and drinks up to $16.  To upgrade to Premier costs $85 a day.

13 hours ago, dog said:

You get what you paid for. Limit is $12 per drink.

Any excess will be charged to your account.

I dont think thats true.  When I log into Princess and check on my cruise, it states under the Premier package that we pre-purchased "drinks up to $20".  The prev limit was $18 I believe.  It does state that the :old" package would not include reservations for the shows, the work out sessions, or the "premium" desserts.  Which is fine because I could care less about that stuff.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I dont think thats true.  When I log into Princess and check on my cruise, it states under the Premier package that we pre-purchased "drinks up to $20".  The prev limit was $18 I believe.  It does state that the :old" package would not include reservations for the shows, the work out sessions, or the "premium" desserts.  Which is fine because I could care less about that stuff.

I understand what you are saying. I have run into glitches/ discrepancies on website over past few days.  I also saw the drinks to $18 & $20. At different times.

My post that you quoted was specific to those who paid for the Plus $12 drinks, before Dec.14 th.

8 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

You aren’t paying for a specific drink, just drinks below 12.00. Hopefully there is no price increase to individual drinks.. just a better selection at the 15.00 mark. 

Actually I disagree.  When I purchased the package I first researched which drinks would be included with that I paid.  Based on what I was entitled to with my package I made the decision.  If they do not adjust, I will not be able to enjoy many drinks previously included.  So they would be downgrading my purchase.

• Like 7