Cruising with Royal Caribbean with Autism - Do I need to show them proof of diagnosis? UK Departure

WelshFox

Hello

I am going on my first cruise with my wife on Anthem of the Seas in May 2023 and I am wondering about the special assistance, Do i need to provide RC with proof of my autism for special assistance? anybody who has travelled with RC who has autism or has a family member with autism what kind of provisions can RC provide? 

thanks in advance!

Leanne

Welcome aboard the cruise critic forums.

Industry wise and not RC specific: That depends really on what kind of assistance you'll need during your cruise. For example: I'm a nearly blind individual whose main need is some help with embarkation/debarkation of ship, especially on tender ports. So; yes; I always show them proof of my legal blind status so that they can provide the adequate help. Bear in mind that there is a limited number of ones they can provide such special needs, so the earlier you submit your query, the most likely they'll to accept it.

I don't know what provisions they can give you. It falls mostly on a case by case analysis. Let me to give you a pro advise: Let your travel agent to deal with those subjects with the company. Less stressful on you and better for all.

And have a nice day, a nice sailing and wonderful Cruise Critic reading!...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WelshFox said:

Hello

I am going on my first cruise with my wife on Anthem of the Seas in May 2023 and I am wondering about the special assistance, Do i need to provide RC with proof of my autism for special assistance? anybody who has travelled with RC who has autism or has a family member with autism what kind of provisions can RC provide? 

thanks in advance!

Leanne

This link should answer your questions. 🙂 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising/autism-friendly-ships

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WelshFox said:

Hello

thanks in advance!

Leanne

You might want to check out a travel agency, Autism on the Seas, that works closely with Royal Caribbean to provide services for people with autism and other disAbilities.  Their services range from helping set up services with the Special Needs department to having select sailings that are fully staffed by their experts.

https://autismontheseas.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4LyN08SE_AIVUCOtBh3jiQ_7EAAYASAAEgL42PD_BwE

Edited by cured