Starbucks gift cards

Jerseygich

I’ve searched using “Starbucks gift cards and Norwegian “ and have not found anything helpful. 
Can you use the gift cards on the ship? I believe I have seen various answers on depending on the ship but if anyone knows, would be appreciated. Have OBC so if wife needs it we’re covered but she got a bunch of gift cards for Xmas and would use them if we can

15 minutes ago, Jerseygich said:

I’ve searched using “Starbucks gift cards and Norwegian “ and have not found anything helpful. 
Can you use the gift cards on the ship? I believe I have seen various answers on depending on the ship but if anyone knows, would be appreciated. Have OBC so if wife needs it we’re covered but she got a bunch of gift cards for Xmas and would use them if we can

Google “ncl starbucks gift cards”

11 minutes ago, Jerseygich said:

Thanks. Gave some info for specific ships and really didn’t say if could or couldn’t. Going to be on the Dawn

We were recently on the Dawn. I may be mistaken but I think I heard the Java Cafe staff say you can't use the Starbucks app. Not sure about gift cards.

I load any Starbucks gift cards onto my Starbucks account before a cruise, and then use the Starbucks app on my phone once onboard. It worked perfectly fine on Bliss and Encore (except for one morning when the internet was down for the entire ship, then I had to charge my Americanos to the cabin).

1 hour ago, Jerseygich said:

Thanks. Gave some info for specific ships and really didn’t say if could or couldn’t. Going to be on the Dawn

As a prior poster mentioned, the Dawn has a Java Cafe, which sells Starbucks products but is not a true Starbucks, like on the Getaway, Bliss, Encore, etc. (larger, newer ships).  If that is the case, then you cannot use your app or the gift cards.  I was unable to use my app or gift cards on the Jade.

• Like 1

Does anyone know the situation on the Epic? We haven't been on there for years and I was thinking of getting my brother a gift card to use when we cruise in February.

It seems to have a stand-alone Starbucks, so I'm hoping this will work out for him. He doesn't drink enough to warrant the Starbucks package, which is offered for our sailing.

Edited by brookie848

7 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

Does anyone know the situation on the Epic? We haven't been on there for years and I was thinking of getting my brother a gift card to use when we cruise in February.

It seems to have a stand-alone Starbucks, so I'm hoping this will work out for him. He doesn't drink enough to warrant the Starbucks package, which is offered for our sailing.

I'll be on the Epic in early January and will report back on the Starbucks situation.

Just now, OrcaGirl said:

I'll be on the Epic in early January and will report back on the Starbucks situation.

Thank you!

Are you doing the ABCs, St. Lucia and St. Kitts? The other thing I'd love to know is the distance needed to walk from the ship to the port areas for the ABCs. I broke my foot (not recommended) back in August, had surgery in September and will have a second surgery in January to remove hardware. I won't be at 100% yet, but I plan on having a great cruise anyway. I just know that sometimes the walk from ship to the actual port area can be quite long (hello Barbados, Nassau and Cozumel). I'm not sure how much fun that is going to be for me.

1 minute ago, brookie848 said:

Thank you!

Are you doing the ABCs, St. Lucia and St. Kitts? The other thing I'd love to know is the distance needed to walk from the ship to the port areas for the ABCs. I broke my foot (not recommended) back in August, had surgery in September and will have a second surgery in January to remove hardware. I won't be at 100% yet, but I plan on having a great cruise anyway. I just know that sometimes the walk from ship to the actual port area can be quite long (hello Barbados, Nassau and Cozumel). I'm not sure how much fun that is going to be for me.

Yes, doing ABC + St Lucia + St Kitts. I'm planning to do a 'semi-live from...' thread, so watch for it and remind me there. 😉

17 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

I saw a YouTube video of two sisters on the Epic this summer and it seems to be a standalone Starbucks on the ship.