Is Valiant Lady serving Diet Coke or Coke Zero?

cantgetin

The title says it all--while in Europe, Valiant had only Coke Zero, which is the European version of Diet Coke.  What are they stocking now that they are in the US?  And, follow up question, if it is Coke Zero, are we allowed to bring some Diet Coke on board?

10 hours ago, cantgetin said:

The title says it all--while in Europe, Valiant had only Coke Zero, which is the European version of Diet Coke.  What are they stocking now that they are in the US?  And, follow up question, if it is Coke Zero, are we allowed to bring some Diet Coke on board?

Coke Zero is not the European version of Diet Coke. Coke Light is the equivalent to Diet, Zero is available in Europe too.

on the transatlantic trip they had limited stocks of post-mix Diet Coke and cans of Diet Coke. They rarely had Diet or Zero in the Galley and prioristed stocks for bars apparently, but they had cans of Zero on request in the Galley. Bars usually had diet in some form. Towards the end of the two weeks they were out of all post-mix and serving from cans in most bars for all soda. Diet did run out too which annoyed me as I too prefer diet/light to zero.

I would expect they have regular stocks of regular, Zero and Diet now from Miami in cans and post-mix. But I assume someone can confirm who sailed more recently.

Edited by jon81uk

Thanks, I was on the WBTA.  I recently read a report from December that said they are serving "European Coke."  Like you, we figured they would switch to the US formulation when they started cruising out of Miami, particularly as the stocks were running out by the end of the TA.  Just hoping to find out current info prior to my next cruise.

In theory whether it is US or European they should have regular, diet/light and zero available so it would be a stock issue not a regional issue. 

I would like them to try and offer a better range of soft drinks though, just offering Sprite Zero would have been nice so there is more sugar free options. Or some flavoured ice teas.

Just disembarked a few days ago. I ordered Diet Coke via room service no problem and got cans. Getting Diet Coke at the bars was also never an issue.  In The Galley the self serve fountain dispensers had either Diet Coke or Coke Zero depending on the day and dispenser. 

• Like 2