Promenade Deck chairs on the awn

Chrissy3427

Good day all, cruising in a few weeks on the Norwegian Dawn and was wondering if anyone who has recently sailed on board, do they provide deck chairs on the promenade deck? It's my favorite spot on the ship, but I believe for safety reasons they limit or completely remove the loungers all together. Thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, Chrissy3427 said:

Good day all, cruising in a few weeks on the Norwegian Dawn and was wondering if anyone who has recently sailed on board, do they provide deck chairs on the promenade deck? It's my favorite spot on the ship, but I believe for safety reasons they limit or completely remove the loungers all together. Thanks in advance!

We were on the Nov 27th sailing of the Dawn. There were only a handful of chairs on the promenade deck. This was brought up at the Captain's Q&A and he stated it was a Coast Guard safety regulation. This is the muster area with the lifeboats, and in case of emergency the crew would have to clear all the deck chairs. On the newer ships, the Waterfront area (with all the comfy chairs) is a deck above the lifeboats, so it's not an issue there.

On 12/19/2022 at 9:00 AM, SplashOfWater said:

We were on the Nov 27th sailing of the Dawn. There were only a handful of chairs on the promenade deck. This was brought up at the Captain's Q&A and he stated it was a Coast Guard safety regulation. This is the muster area with the lifeboats, and in case of emergency the crew would have to clear all the deck chairs. On the newer ships, the Waterfront area (with all the comfy chairs) is a deck above the lifeboats, so it's not an issue there.

That is what I thought. Thank you so much for the response. Hope your trip was magical! Happiness and health to you in 2023.

- Chrissy