12:00 flight out of BCN - can we make it in time

MudderBear

I was thinking of switching my flight from the day after we disembark, to the day of.  It looks like the ship, Enchanted Princess, gets in about 5:00 am.  I don't know how early they will let us off the ship.  I can get Princess transfers.

I don't know how long it takes to get through customs at BCN, especially on a Saturday in the May/June time period.  

So bottom line, is 12:00 noon too early for a flight?

Last time I flew out of BCN it took more than an hour just through Immigration, and that was without 100's of other cruise passengers trying to do the same thing. I can't recall how much in total to the gate, something like two hours (pre-printed boarding pass, no checked bags, but including a stop for coffee).

Switching to day of sounds like a high-stress choice.

• 2 weeks later...

On a good day you have enough time.    Skip the breakfast buffet, self disembark and be one of the first off the ship - you could be at the airport before 8 am.  On a day like Dancer Bob’s, or the one where we got in late because we picked up a boat of migrants, it might not be enough time.  

How much of an issue would missing your flight be?  If it would cost me stress and money I would enjoy another  day in Barcelona.  

On 1/1/2023 at 1:21 PM, ollienbertsmum said:

On a good day you have enough time.    Skip the breakfast buffet, self disembark and be one of the first off the ship - you could be at the airport before 8 am.  On a day like Dancer Bob’s, or the one where we got in late because we picked up a boat of migrants, it might not be enough time.  

How much of an issue would missing your flight be?  If it would cost me stress and money I would enjoy another  day in Barcelona.  

Follow up to the other question.  What if a US citizen is flying to another Europe city and not out of the EU.  Is the process the same?   Still need to be there hours before, or is that lag mainly for transatlantic type flights?

On 1/4/2023 at 10:05 PM, topnole said:

Follow up to the other question.  What if a US citizen is flying to another Europe city and not out of the EU.  Is the process the same?   Still need to be there hours before, or is that lag mainly for transatlantic type flights?

For any  of the flights i have made within the EU the time I arrive depends on whether or not I have checked in/have luggage to check.  I regularly fly from Malaga.  Before 

you board the plane (in the departure lounge), there is a passport check.   There are two queues EU and ‘rest of the world’.  At that point, If you are flying outside the Schengen region your passport is stamped to say that you are leaving.  If you are staying within the region you will continue clocking up your days.  Whether you are a citizen of US, South Korea, UK, etc etc I cannot see a difference.  

Two hours would be plenty especially without checked luggage.  

maybe Barcelona is different to Malaga.  

• Thanks 1

Barcelona does a great job of getting cruisers off their ships and on their way.  In May we strolled off the ship around 8:30 and found only one or two people in front of us looking for cabs.  Granted, we were on a small ship (Oceania's Sirena, which had only 550 passengers on that cruise).  And I forget what time our flight was, but I think it was around noon....whatever it was, it was no wait to get off ship, easy to find luggage, no formalities in terminal, quick to get cab, not too much traffic, so fairly quick to get to airport. 

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea
follow topic