Main dining menu

barbon2

15 minutes ago, Crew News said:

I just added it to the long list of questions that I ask on every cruise as collected here on CC.

You put together amazing resource of information.  Your page provided valuable information and insight that lead to me booking my first and subsequent HAL cruises.

So sad and pathetic that asking other cruisers to also "speak up" for the common good of the product and an increase of choices and you are told "no" because it's not what THEY want. Oh well! Keep up the amazing work, don't discouraged by the takers. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

You put together amazing resource of information.  Your page provided valuable information and insight that lead to me booking my first and subsequent HAL cruises.

So sad and pathetic that asking other cruisers to also "speak up" for the common good of the product and an increase of choices and you are told "no" because it's not what THEY want. Oh well! Keep up the amazing work, don't discouraged by the takers. 

After my last 13+ years here on CC, I have collected a lot of questions and answers to share just like so many shared with me.  There are a lot posters here on CC that are eager to help others have a more informed cruise experience.

There has been MDR changes over the years.  Some I like and I some things I miss.  Time changes us and all that is around us.

If you have not been on a ship's free kitchen tour, take the opportunity when they restart.  The lines start forming a bit after 10:00 AM for the 10:30 AM kitchen tours on the first sea day. 

On one kitchen tour during a B2B cruise, I asked the Head Chef about chocolate purses (a phyllo dough gold dust-shaped  purse that oozes dark chocolate when cut open) and was asked when I would like them.  Our MDR Meet & Greet lunch the following week ended with chocolate purses much to the surprise of the attendees. 

If you can get past the waitstaff and MDR administrators, the kitchen staff will go out of their way to demo their culinary skills with special requests.

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/Nieuw-Amsterdam---MDR/IMG_0980.jpg

• Like 1