Can/should I book an accessible cabin?

CarolGS

Hi. OP here. I truly enjoyed and appreciate all of the points of view and effort taken to respond to this question. Also, my apologies to anyone whom I may have offended with the phrase "wheelchair bound" - I will use the term "wheelchair user" going forward.    If anyone is curious as to the outcome, my travel agent did call Celebrity, and explained exactly what I've described in my OP. The cabin was released for me to book.  However, after much consideration, I chose instead to save myself $4000 and book a standard aqua class cabin available three weeks earlier.  Cheers.

17 minutes ago, CarolGS said:

Hi. OP here. I truly enjoyed and appreciate all of the points of view and effort taken to respond to this question. Also, my apologies to anyone whom I may have offended with the phrase "wheelchair bound" - I will use the term "wheelchair user" going forward.    If anyone is curious as to the outcome, my travel agent did call Celebrity, and explained exactly what I've described in my OP. The cabin was released for me to book.  However, after much consideration, I chose instead to save myself $4000 and book a standard aqua class cabin available three weeks earlier.  Cheers.

An interesting exchange of views and a great outcome all round. Enjoy your cruise and you saved enough to treat yourself to another.

Happy Christmas.

• Like 1