Live from the Viking Neptune World Cruise 2022-23

Mcobean

21 hours ago, tomv2950 said:

Love following your posts as they are so informational and amusing.  For your Bali excursions using Sherif did you use him on your own or with others?

It was just the two of us with Sherif and a driver.  We found him through Tours by Locals, but he is available to be booked on his own (and it's better for him that way.)  He was fabulous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mbviking2023 said:

Our three blog posts from Istanbul are up!  Whew!  Dinner cruise, Topkapi Palace, Drive about, Mosque Visit, Scenic waterway cruise.

http://twohappysloths.com

20230420_200506.jpg

20230420_202231.jpg

20230421_165612.jpg

20230421_172119.jpg

sultan.jpg

I'm glad to see the kiddies are out and about.  I was beginning to wonder if they were under the weather or just being lazy like slo...  Oh.  Never mind, not my business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dd57 said:

I'm glad to see the kiddies are out and about.  I was beginning to wonder if they were under the weather or just being lazy like slo...  Oh.  Never mind, not my business.

Hahaha!  I had the same concern....but here they are, looking as spry as ever.  Maybe they just needed a few days of rest in between fast-paced days of excursions!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

Day 3 of cabin arrest.  I tested positive for Covid on the 25th.  I had one sick day and night (Sicily), but bounced back and am fine now.  

It truly sucks doing the right thing.  

oh no.  I am sorry to hear that.  How long will you have to remain quarantined?

2 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

Day 3 of cabin arrest.  I tested positive for Covid on the 25th.  I had one sick day and night (Sicily), but bounced back and am fine now.  

It truly sucks doing the right thing.  

Good for YOU....not being selfish...protecting other passengers but most importantly the crew!  Hope you have books to read!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, deec said:

Good for YOU....not being selfish...protecting other passengers but most importantly the crew!  Hope you have books to read!

I do, but I have/will missed Sicily, Naples, Rome, Monte Carlo and Barcelona.  I wish they’d test me to see if I still positive and release me if I’m not.  I have not had any symptoms other than the first day.  They’re not planning on testing me again. 
DH, luckily has continued to test negative so he can go and do.  Viking has refunded about $500 in excursions I had planned for my tickets.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

I do, but I have/will missed Sicily, Naples, Rome, Monte Carlo and Barcelona.  I wish they’d test me to see if I still positive and release me if I’m not.  I have not had any symptoms other than the first day.  They’re not planning on testing me again. 
DH, luckily has continued to test negative so he can go and do.  Viking has refunded about $500 in excursions I had planned for my tickets.  

What precautions did you take before being diagnosed? Did you test yourself or did Viking test you?

I just recovered from a severe case of Covid that lasted about a month. I have no idea how I got it. The rebound two weeks into the diagnosis was especially bad — it forced us to cancel a 3-week DIY trip to Italy and Greece.

Best wishes to you for a speedy and complete recovery!

Notified I get sprung tomorrow in time for Barcelona.  

Thankful that my case of Covid made me feel crappy less than 24 hours.  That is, unless you want to count the severe case of cabin fever I have right now, but at least I see light at the end of the tunnel.  I can do another 12 hours.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

Notified I get sprung tomorrow in time for Barcelona.  

Thankful that my case of Covid made me feel crappy less than 24 hours.  That is, unless you want to count the severe case of cabin fever I have right now, but at least I see light at the end of the tunnel.  I can do another 12 hours.

Well done to you for a good attitude and a positive outlook. Is on-board testing still happening or did you test yourself ? Does everyone have to test before they board ?

We board in Barcelona in June and Viking haven't sent us any information about testing (not as yet anyway). 

Best wishes, LM

2 hours ago, Little Monty said:

Well done to you for a good attitude and a positive outlook. Is on-board testing still happening or did you test yourself ? Does everyone have to test before they board ?

We board in Barcelona in June and Viking haven't sent us any information about testing (not as yet anyway). 

Best wishes, LM

It is a case of attending the medical center with symptoms and asking to be tested. 

On 4/4/2023 at 12:14 AM, spangler said:

To add to Mark's comments the tour was exceptional.  I wish to thank all the previous WCs that recommended Memphis Tours.  They were great to work with and did a excellent job pulling the tour together for the 27 that went on it.  I can share details of organizing the tour for a group if you have interest in doing the same on a future Viking WC.  

Hi!

We are booked on Sky 23/24 WC and wonder if you can share how you put together the tour via Memphis tours to the Taj? (lcohen51@gmail.com)

On 1/7/2023 at 10:22 AM, spangler said:

For those on the WC, as you settle in and review your calendar I want to let you know we have openings for the overnight tour to the Taj Mahal on April 1 and 2.   If you are interested please let me know (include email address) and I will send you the details. 

Hi! We are on the 23/24 Sky WC and I am very interested in how you put together this excursion... lcohen51@gmail.com Thanks!

We leave July 4th for the Adriatic & Mediterranean Sojourn with a 2 day pre-extension in Istanbul.  Thank you for your posts as we will visit some of the same places you have recorded.  We have never been to Venice and will have 3 days there.  Trying to figure out the best way to get from our docking site in Fusina to do a tour on our own in theJewish Ghetto area.  If you have any experience with the boats I have been reading about,I would appreciate it.  Love your trip!