Cruiseline Formal wear

kstro135

Has anyone used cruiselineformal wear for a tuxedo rental. If so how was the quality of the products. I'm considering a rental for my son and i. If anyone have any other recommendation feel free to offer. Thanks

We have used them...for about 6 cruises.

It is a very good quality.

I highly recommend.

You can even rent the shoes...so you do not have to bring them along. They give you the very shiny kind. :)

You will need to go to a tuxedo shop and have them measure you. Then you provide the measurements on the website.

Has anyone used cruiselineformal wear for a tuxedo rental. If so how was the quality of the products. I'm considering a rental for my son and i. If anyone have any other recommendation feel free to offer. Thanks

I've used them on several cruises and concur they are a good company. The main benefit I found was they store all their stock on the ship so if something doesn't fit, a button comes off, etc. you just need to contact the tailor on board and they will get you a replacement in an hour or so (but make any requests you have as soon as possible as sometimes they get busy on formal night). Also it's great that when you arrive in your cabin, just tell your stateroom attendant that you rented a tux and it will show up. Also at the end of the cruise when you're done, just inform your stateroom attendant and it will magically disappear as well. :)

Randall

I have had no problems in the past renting a tux from cruiseline formal wear. I do the measuring for DH and so far everything has fit well. I usually order the black jacket, 2 shirt and 2 pant package for $85.00. Hope that helps.

We rented tuxes for our 2 sons last year on Millie. They were of good quality, and frankly looked better than the tux my son rented for Prom. We took them to a formal wear shop & had them measured about 8 weeks before the cruise, sent their measurements in & we were set. No packing, no laundry bill after, you can't beat it.

We had gone to the Suit Department in a major department store...to have my DH measured....and they recommended that we go to a Tuxedo Shop to have the measurements taken.

Apparently, suits & tuxedos are measured a little different.

Great experience on all of our Celebrity cruises: 14 day T/A EB; 14 day Med B2B 14 day T/A WB; 14 day Hawaii. Their pricing depends on whether the cruise is one week or two week (more thaneleven days is two weeks). Fit was great even for an awkward to fit customer. Have a great cruise -- especially on formal night:)

My DH rented a tux from them for the first time this past Hawaii 14 day cruise. Since we don't have a computer at home, he just called the customer service # and they took his measurements over the phone. I did the measuring and the tux fit great. Our cabin stewardess brought it in right after we boarded. We had 3 formal nights and 2 shirts and guess who spilled food on his pleated shirt? Luckily he was more careful the second night.

The cumberbund and tie are adjustable but I think next time he might go with the vest package. He thought the guys who wore those looked pretty sharp. We did have the debate on the collar, wings in or out? I insisted on out as that is the purpose of a wing-tip collar but we saw several w/the wings in. Not too sure about this as the last time he wore a tux was at our wedding 37 yrs ago!

We are going on a 13 day Europe on Centruy. Is the cost still $85, does it matter how long the cruise is. We are thinking about the rental, it will save us suit case space and I think it will be fun for my DH to wear a tux.

Hmmmm. We had a different experience than others here. My friend attempted to order a tux online for a 14 day Celebrity cruise in September, and the charge came up double, and he didn't feel like it was worth the cost....since there were only 3 formal nights involved. He did rent a tuxedo on a 7-day Alaska cruise and was pleased. Perhaps you should give them a call to confirm the cost.

Archived