Port info please

esimon

You didn't mention what port but here is my experience with Port Everglades.

When the car gets to the guard booth you will be required to provide a drivers license for the driver and id ( DL or Passport) and boarding pass for passengers.

When the Uber took my cousin's family through the Port Everglades checkpoint, the officer only asked for one parent's passport and boarding pass. Guess they were trying to reduce the backlog of the line of cars waiting to get in. But it is a good idea to have everyone's documents ready in case.

Be sure that your driver has their license with them.  We once had a friend take us to Port Everglades and he forgot to bring his license, so they turned us away and we had to go back to his house to get it.  It made us much later than we wanted to be.

3 hours ago, vicd1969 said:

When the Uber took my cousin's family through the Port Everglades checkpoint, the officer only asked for one parent's passport and boarding pass. Guess they were trying to reduce the backlog of the line of cars waiting to get in. But it is a good idea to have everyone's documents ready in case.

Every Uber or taxi driver we've had at FLL has warned us to have passports and boarding pass ready to show. They don't want to hold up the line or waste their time while passengers shuffle through purses/pockets/carry-ons.

• Like 1