Holiday Enchantment of the Seas - Live 12/23/2022 to 12/30/2022

Rubyfisch

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Re the heat: the few posts I've seen have been from folks on decks 7 and 8, which makes me think someone has not locked their balcony door, or has opened it too often. That messes with the heat in a number of surrounding cabins.

It seems like the folks with the most expensive rooms are having it the worst. The pipes froze in the Diamond Club the first night and in the spa the second.

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Having been on Enchantment recently, the bathroom looks exactly like ours. However, all the photos look narrower than reality, which I can tell from the bed size. It is much wider than shown in the photo, which makes me think it is just a photo element. No blame on the poster! At least by the time I see it, the translation skews reality a bit.  We always stay in a similar cabin, and find them quite suitable, even for two of us.

OP, I am enjoying your posts!  Please keep up the good work, but don't let it take away from your fun time!

We always ask the attendant to separate the beds and you would be surprised at how this opens up the cabin space.  Haven't figured out how to make the bathroom better.😁

8 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

We always ask the attendant to separate the beds and you would be surprised at how this opens up the cabin space.  Haven't figured out how to make the bathroom better.😁

I was planning on asking for this, but I found it to be just fine for me as it is.

• Like 1

Just now, Rubyfisch said:

I was planning on asking for this, but I found it to be just fine for me as it is.

I was wondering, if I were solo, if I would find it more convenient to have the beds pushed together against the one wall.  I think i remember going into a cabin that was like that, but of course they were going to be on the ship for many continuous cruises. Just a thought. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  We know it was bitter cold when you got on the ship.  

29 minutes ago, inmanfamily said:

Question?  What time are the shows in the evening? Thanks!  Enjoying the review, we’re going to be on Enchantment Jan 14-Feb3 and super excited.  It’s been a while since we’ve cruised on a smaller ship and we’re looking forward to it!

Usually 7 and 9:15. And fixed time dining is 5:15 and 7:45.

3 hours ago, retiredgram said:

I was wondering, if I were solo, if I would find it more convenient to have the beds pushed together against the one wall.  I think i remember going into a cabin that was like that, but of course they were going to be on the ship for many continuous cruises. Just a thought. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  We know it was bitter cold when you got on the ship.  

To each his own...When I sail solo, I still ask for the beds to be separated in configurations where the bed is under the window as in this case.  It does seem to open up the cabin space a bit.

• Like 1

To rewind a bit, it's been a pretty choppy ride so far. There has been a lot of wind and the sea has been somewhat rough. I don't tend to get seasick, but even I have had my moments thus far. Last night I went to bed at 10, which is earlier for me (and I mean I actually fell asleep at 10). It doesn't help that we have been going 19 plus knots most of the time. Anyway, something woke me up around 3:20, and it was dead still. It was a bit startling after all the chop ...

This morning I got for something I've always wanted to do, but never have - the free 7:00 am stretch class. I'm glad I did, and we were sailing into port as I went to Windjammer for breakfast.

After eating, the gangway was up (around 8:15), and I went for a very cold walk. We were at Terminal 5, so there is literally nothing but parking lots (the store that was in the garage appears to have moved). I went back to my cabin to do little work (boo) before my excursion.

I haven't done a lot of cruise ship excursions for various reasons, but I decided to do one in Port Canaveral. Originally, I was going to just take the shuttle to Ron Jon's, and I had bought a cheap day pass to a hotel, but I decided I might be kind of lonely. So I canceled all of that and on Black Friday, I bought the Port Canaveral Highlights tour. It had three stops - Jetty Point, a commerical fishing dock, and the Sand Air and Space Museum (which is in the terminal area).

• Like 2

The tour start with a lot narration about the history of Port Canaveral, the commercial port, and the cruise industry. And then about the space program and industry.

We then had about half an hour to walk around Jetty Point:

PXL_20221226_163722304.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.3d38f069f7e4911ea862c419ed960d8e.jpg

And the beach:

PXL_20221226_164833349.thumb.jpg.75a9add7016f870e2d7052bf1e550f2a.jpg

And then we went over and learned about the shrimp industry:

PXL_20221226_175724498.thumb.jpg.a0befd5469dfdb0c3556b0fd4573a12d.jpg

And then went to Sands Air and Space Museum:

PXL_20221226_184713928.thumb.jpg.07b36fcbe600c165d2e90930546c5bcc.jpg

• Like 2

I thought the tour was really interesting, although I would not have complained if they gave us 15 or 20 minutes more at Jetty Point and shortened the other stops.

It's definitely a one and done sort of tour, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I think next time I'm in Port Canaveral, I'm just going to try to get a Lyft to Jetty Point and walk on the beach.

• Like 1

After lunch, I worked for a couple of hours (double boo).

Tonight was Indian night in Windjammer, so I popped up for some vegetable pakora and vada pav. They were (unsurprisingly) fantastic.

After that, I went to Friendly Feud (aka Family Feud), which was a lot of fun.

• Like 2

So, the past two nights, I've been eating at a table for eight by myself in the MDR, facing a family of 12. Now, I've traveled solo enough not on cruises that I don't really mind eating alone. But eating alone at a table set for eight while 12 people stare at you leaves ... Something to be desired.

My waiter has really come through for my the past two nights. As soon as I put my fork down after my last bite, she whisks the plate away brings me the next course. I was out in 30 minutes today.

Menu:

PXL_20221227_005509174.thumb.jpg.a327b8a9d0aac389f5032941526d6fff.jpg

Poblano soup:

PXL_20221227_010050617.thumb.jpg.e927233256bc56219a26e6b271bd75c4.jpg

Sole (good ... But why is it served with raw broccoli ...):

PXL_20221227_011535150.thumb.jpg.fe7782a7c383ed1c95b6402be3385fe6.jpg

Kid's brownie (I wasn't feeling anything on the dessert menu):

PXL_20221227_012820595.thumb.jpg.2f0375f813ad1e731c33edcf2418a633.jpg

• Like 1

Also - don't most Royal ships have a fancy jewelry store, some not fancy but real jewelry (like sterling silver rings), and costume jewelry? As far as I can tell, that middle level appears absent here. I have almost $60 in on board credit and wanted to maybe put it towards a sterling silver pendent or ring, but not sure that is an option ....

I love that they’re serving brunch! We had brunch on our last cruise on Harmony in September on all three sea days. I’m definitely not a morning person, so being able to sleep in until what I consider a decent hour and still be able to sit down to a nice breakfast was a highlight of the cruise for me. I hope brunch continues to be offered!