Holiday Enchantment of the Seas - Live 12/23/2022 to 12/30/2022

Rubyfisch

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

I love that they’re serving brunch! We had brunch on our last cruise on Harmony in September on all three sea days. I’m definitely not a morning person, so being able to sleep in until what I consider a decent hour and still be able to sit down to a nice breakfast was a highlight of the cruise for me. I hope brunch continues to be offered!

I thought I would feel like I was missing out with brunch somehow, but I think it is great. That being said, and people who went any earlier on than me had some serious service issues. But it was Christmas Day. And I don't think the stretching of Enchantment helped with MDR congestion ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

I thought the tour was really interesting, although I would not have complained if they gave us 15 or 20 minutes more at Jetty Point and shortened the other stops.

It's definitely a one and done sort of tour, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I think next time I'm in Port Canaveral, I'm just going to try to get a Lyft to Jetty Point and walk on the beach.

Thank you for this excursion report. Might be something I'd be interested in as I have never gotten off the ship in Port Canaveral.

1 minute ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

so we are meeting our friend who used to work on Enchantment at PC. We plan on just going to a bar. do you think there is something close by? He works on Mariner. 

PS. thanks for allowing us to follow along. 

It's going to depend on what terminal Mariner comes into, assuming you mean walking distance. There is nothing an CT5, where we docked. There are definitely nearby bars and restaurants that I think are walking distance to other terminals.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

So, the past two nights, I've been eating at a table for eight by myself in the MDR, facing a family of 12. Now, I've traveled solo enough not on cruises that I don't really mind eating alone. But eating alone at a table set for eight while 12 people stare at you leaves ... Something to be desired.

My waiter has really come through for my the past two nights. As soon as I put my fork down after my last bite, she whisks the plate away brings me the next course. I was out in 30 minutes today.

Menu:

PXL_20221227_005509174.thumb.jpg.a327b8a9d0aac389f5032941526d6fff.jpg

Poblano soup:

PXL_20221227_010050617.thumb.jpg.e927233256bc56219a26e6b271bd75c4.jpg

Sole (good ... But why is it served with raw broccoli ...):

PXL_20221227_011535150.thumb.jpg.fe7782a7c383ed1c95b6402be3385fe6.jpg

Kid's brownie (I wasn't feeling anything on the dessert menu):

PXL_20221227_012820595.thumb.jpg.2f0375f813ad1e731c33edcf2418a633.jpg

It's a shame you are at a big table with no tablemates. That has happened to us, but we are a twosome, and usually the waiter has told us there are 6 other people booked there.....but they never show up. The right company can make for an even better dinnertime!

I love the children's menu brownie!  I order it several times on every Enchantment cruise.

Enjoy your Nassau day.  We are watching you arrive on the webcam.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

I thought the tour was really interesting, although I would not have complained if they gave us 15 or 20 minutes more at Jetty Point and shortened the other stops.

It's definitely a one and done sort of tour, but I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I think next time I'm in Port Canaveral, I'm just going to try to get a Lyft to Jetty Point and walk on the beach.

We live just under a mile south of Jetty Park - we love our beach and our little town.  I've never even heard of the museum you went to so I looked it up. It's now called Sands Space History Center and we've gone by it dozens of times and never knew it was even there. I'm sorry the weather was so cold while you were here; it's usually beautiful most of the time. We even had sleet at the beach on Christmas day, which is unheard of here.

4 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

so we are meeting our friend who used to work on Enchantment at PC. We plan on just going to a bar. do you think there is something close by? He works on Mariner. 

PS. thanks for allowing us to follow along. 

The Mariner has been docking at Terminal 5 and as Rubyfisch said, there's nothing within walking distance from there. However, starting 1/9, Mariner will be docking at T-1 on Mondays and Fridays (taking over that itinerary from Indy which is moving to Miami). Right next to T-1 is Grills so that's a great option for food and drinks. They have a large deck outside with a tiki bar. There are also several other bars/restaurants in the same area, but Grills is the most convenient (and our favorite).

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

The Mariner has been docking at Terminal 5 and as Rubyfisch said, there's nothing within walking distance from there. However, starting 1/9, Mariner will be docking at T-1 on Mondays and Fridays (taking over that itinerary from Indy which is moving to Miami). Right next to T-1 is Grills so that's a great option for food and drinks. They have a large deck outside with a tiki bar. There are also several other bars/restaurants in the same area, but Grills is the most convenient (and our favorite).

Correction - looks like Mariner will only be at Terminal 1 for a few weeks. Indy will be coming back to Port Canaveral February 20 for several months before going to Miami in the Fall.

• Thanks 1

I haven't done much today - I did aerobics at 7:00 am, breakfast in Windjammer, napped, lunch in Windjammer, and walked around Nassau at bit. It's pretty rainy.

I know everyone has strong feelings about Nassau, but I think next time I'll book a ship excursion to do ... Something ... As I don't feel particularly inclined to walk around again ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, in case anyone was curious, so far the internet has been fantastic (for a cruise ship). I have been able to stream Netflix without issue, I can connect to my work VPN, and wifi texting through T-Mobile works perfectly. The one thing I will say is had to cycle through airplane mode and turning on and off wifi calling a couple of times to get it work correctly every time I put it in airplane mode.

Speed test (this is from the Centrum, but is consistent with all of the ones I've done):

Screenshot_20221228-204001.thumb.png.07a059e672b1c19ea5b51c35b5787cb4.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I also managed to find the jewelry store that sold the middle ground between plastic and diamond encrusted diamonds ... I know it's probably overpriced, but I bought myself a pendant to match a ring I got on my last cruise in 2018. All of the jewelry I bought myself had been while I was traveling, and each piece brings me back to a trip and all the good memories that came from it.

Also, from a mixture of refunded port fees and a couple of things I ended up cancelling, my onboard credit basically covered the cost.

PXL_20221229_021818596.thumb.jpg.fc7e61b11dec129c220f7b340975bc2a.jpg

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

I came back to my cabin to the sadness of luggage tags but the happiness of a towel animal... I guess it might be a swan ....

PXL_20221229_020643642.thumb.jpg.77220c00cf90708c60d120fe66af6f13.jpg

PXL_20221229_020433205.thumb.jpg.80874262a6758bda806303ccda82ade8.jpg

I love sleeping with a fan but never thought of bringing one for a cruise. I like the one you have. 

20 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

I also managed to find the jewelry store that sold the middle ground between plastic and diamond encrusted diamonds ... I know it's probably overpriced, but I bought myself a pendant to match a ring I got on my last cruise in 2018. All of the jewelry I bought myself had been while I was traveling, and each piece brings me back to a trip and all the good memories that came from it.

Also, from a mixture of refunded port fees and a couple of things I ended up cancelling, my onboard credit basically covered the cost.

PXL_20221229_021818596.thumb.jpg.fc7e61b11dec129c220f7b340975bc2a.jpg

very pretty. 

PS. sorry about the luggage tags. I hate seeing them too. Just once I want to be on a cruise so long that i am excited to see them. I am booked for the 2 week Greenland cruise so many then. Doubtful tho...

Enjoy your last formal night. Is it disco night also?

3 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

very pretty. 

PS. sorry about the luggage tags. I hate seeing them too. Just once I want to be on a cruise so long that i am excited to see them. I am booked for the 2 week Greenland cruise so many then. Doubtful tho...

Enjoy your last formal night. Is it disco night also?

No - they did the Disco Night on Day 4 (Port Canaveral).

12 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Hmmm, maybe ours will be then also. 

What do you think of the CD? I have not been on with this new one. 

I think he's doing a good job. It hasn't been an easy cruise for the crew (losing a port, overnighting in Baltimore, three days of frozen pipes, four days of freezing temperatures...), but he has kept things moving. He has enough announcements that you know what is going on without it being annoying. He's very approachable as well. Probably my second favorite (I had Tristan on a Baltic cruise in 2017 - he was the best).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1