Irresistible Med Itinerary Change - May 21st sailing

Polydonald

I received an email from Sailor Services that the Olbia, Sardinia port call for the May 21st sailing has been replaced by a sea day.

On Facebook, there was additional chatter about changes on this and other sailings.

Does anyone have additional information? While eliminating Sardinia is a huge disappointment to my partner, The addition of the sea day after 3 long port days is welcome. I am also wondering if that means we'll be arriving in Abiza earlier.

If you are thinking of this sailing, be aware that what is showing on the website isn't accurate as of tonight.

i've also been following the chatter on FB about this.  it seems there was actual feedback that people did not like this port (vs. the "due to sailor feedback, we are shortening all port times because that's what sailors want" on the 8 night valiant eastern caribbean itin)

some of the comments on FB were that it was kind of an industrial area, the excursions were not great, and people ended up sitting in traffic for most of the day on those excursions.  la spezia is gorgeous - you can rent chairs at the beach and walk around the old city to eat, drink and shop to your heart's content!

I stopped at Olbia as part of the French Daze & Ibiza Nights sailing in October, and I can say you won't be missing much.  It was a quaint little main city center, but we saw the whole thing in less than 2 hours and just went back to the ship because there wasn't much to do.  I'd have rather had it be a sea day, and if I were on an itinerary that stopped there again, I'd stay on the ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubagal44 said:

I stopped at Olbia as part of the French Daze & Ibiza Nights sailing in October, and I can say you won't be missing much.  It was a quaint little main city center, but we saw the whole thing in less than 2 hours and just went back to the ship because there wasn't much to do.  I'd have rather had it be a sea day, and if I were on an itinerary that stopped there again, I'd stay on the ship.

Couldn't agree more, we did the same in September and thought it was a one and done port.