Soap

CLOU

I remember reading somewhere on this Board that a choice of soaps is no longer offered by your stewardess upon embarkation.  While I will miss having a choice, that's okay, as long as some bar soap is available.  At a recent stay at a Four Seasons only bath gel and liquid hand soap were offered.  I prefer bar soap in the shower and just want to make sure that some bar soap is still provided, especially since Seabourn has now gone to the larger containers of other toiletries.  If bar soap is not provided I will have to bring my own.  Thanks.

• Like 1

We’re departing on the Quest for 46 days next month—I plan to make a stop at the CVS near our hotel the day before we board to pick up bar soap—purely a personal preference, but its worth it to have what I like! Will also use the stop for sunscreen and other heavy items to avoid packing for the flight to Miami.

There is Molton Brown bar soap provided, and instead of the choice of other soap (which I really liked) they now have multiple types of Molton Brown shower gel to choose from (I think 4 types).  I used to like the sea loofa one, and since they stopped providing it I’ve bought it on Amazon and taken it with me onboard (if you’re looking for some it’s listed on Amazon as “Baudelaire Exfoliating Soap, Sea Loofa Bath Soap & Body Soap”).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also have bought the Baudelaire Soap from Amazon since discovering on Seabourn. It is really great soap. I am actually going to pack a bar it for my upcoming cruise. It is very reasonably priced and I am surprised  Seabourn does not offer it anymore. 

• Like 2

This post makes me smile...

after our first Seabourn cruise we became instant fans of Molton Brown bath products....it is one of the little splurges we continue to this day 😂. It helps having a Molton Brown outlet near us and we always watch for their on-line sales. My wife just shakes her head at me and says "we are spending how much for a bar of soap" 🤣 and shower gel ?!?!?

its the little things in life that make all the difference.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CRUISER94044 said:

I really enjoy the shampoo and conditioner but haven’t been able to find the scent on Molten Brown products on Amazon. Has anyone been successful and is there a different product name I should search?   Thanks!

We buy Molton Brown from their own website--no. need to deal with Amazon and you will have the complete selection.  They often have sales.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CRUISER94044 said:

I really enjoy the shampoo and conditioner but haven’t been able to find the scent on Molten Brown products on Amazon. Has anyone been successful and is there a different product name I should search?   Thanks!

That is a custom scent developed for Seabourn.  At the start of covid, Seabourn was making them available for sale online (probably to deplete excessive inventory); I don't know if that particular scent can be purchased through normal retail channels (as opposed ebay resellers, etc.).

17 hours ago, robertmartha said:

This post makes me smile...

after our first Seabourn cruise we became instant fans of Molton Brown bath products....it is one of the little splurges we continue to this day 😂. It helps having a Molton Brown outlet near us and we always watch for their on-line sales. My wife just shakes her head at me and says "we are spending how much for a bar of soap" 🤣 and shower gel ?!?!?

its the little things in life that make all the difference.

You are the target audience of the Molton Brown product placement.  Enjoy and have fun.

We miss the previous offering of Suma Ginseng MB before the own-scent products. Was fantastic to do a Marina day and shower at Koh Kood with Suma - very heady and exotic.

we bought a few large bottles years ago and are still eeking them out - almost gone!

The power of aromatherapy! Luxury brands realize having an exclusive scent binds them to consumers. Molton Brown forever makes me think of Seabourn. I admit, I've sought out their gels and soaps after disemebarking as it reminded me of a good time/great trip time aboard Seabourn. Definitely takes me back to a time and place.

Look for your Molton Brown shower gels in the ship boutique.  They are cheaper on the ship than Amazon (almost by $10).  The boutique on the ship (Sojourn) did not have all of the scents (I was looking for the Black Pepper) due to shipping constraints.  If you have room in your luggage, its worth picking up what you like from ship boutique.