FTTF ??

CaptG

So I purchased FTTF for our upcoming cruise on the Horizon. I've never had FTTF before and I had some questions. I called Carnival and spoke to a representative who told me we can check in 16 days prior to the sailing with the diamonds and platinums and we can show up early. I've read on here recently that some people were having to wait until 14 days prior to sailing to check in and were bound to their arrival time. Anyone have a recent experience with FTTF? Just curious how this is working these days...

10 minutes ago, shof515 said:

FTTF does not give you early access to check in

16 day check in is for platinum and diamond

That's what I thought and the reason I asked...wonder why Carnival would give false information 

2 minutes ago, SurfCat said:

We cruise on the 30th, and purchased FTTF.  We were not allowed to check in until 14 days prior to the cruise.  I'll report back on the rest when we return.

We're you able to get an early arrival time?

Matters not what time you get.  Just show up at the port and they will send you to the priority line regardless of your check in time.  All they look at is your FTTF on your boarding papers.  Went through Canaveral yesterday.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaptG said:

That's what I thought and the reason I asked...wonder why Carnival would give false information 

That's not uncommon. These boards are full of examples of people being given bad info from Carnival reps. Could be that a rep is still new and thinks they know the answer when they really don't. Also a possible breakdown in communication. I think in a case like this the rep probably was told that people with priority boarding get to call in 16 days ahead and assumed that meant all priority because the source of his info wasn't specific enough. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 8:50 AM, CaptG said:

We're you able to get an early arrival time?

Sorry, took me a few days to get back into the swing of things.  We got an 11:00 arrival time.  My understanding is that the earliest was 9:30.

We planned to get to the terminal early to test the FTTF, but didn't get there until about 10:45.  There was really no line at that time, so I'm not sure if they would have turned us away anyway.