Resorts/suggestions in St Thomas for the day?

nbsjcruiser

Been there so many times I can't recall and we're going back in February. Our first thought was Secret Harbour, been there many times and always enjoyed it. Got me thinking though, are there any resorts where we could get in for the day? Any other suggestions for someone who has been to many of the beaches in St Thomas?

The Westin Frenchman's Reef should be open. It was a Marriott before the storms so you may have already been. Don't know yet what services they'll offer to non guests.

Bolongo is another option. The beach is rockier than most other St Thomas beaches so you need water shoes. Nice bar and restaurant, though.

Elysian is also on a beach and non guests used to go there before covid. It's not too far from Secret Harbor but not good snorkeling and beach not as nice, but nice view.

On 12/24/2022 at 2:50 PM, Ms411 said:

The Westin Frenchman's Reef should be open. It was a Marriott before the storms so you may have already been. Don't know yet what services they'll offer to non guests.

Bolongo is another option. The beach is rockier than most other St Thomas beaches so you need water shoes. Nice bar and restaurant, though.

Elysian is also on a beach and non guests used to go there before covid. It's not too far from Secret Harbor but not good snorkeling and beach not as nice, but nice view.

Was just on island last week. Frenchman’s reef isn’t open yet. The beach at Limetree is small, but very pretty. We love Secret Harbour. 

On 12/24/2022 at 2:36 PM, nbsjcruiser said:

Been there so many times I can't recall and we're going back in February. Our first thought was Secret Harbour, been there many times and always enjoyed it. Got me thinking though, are there any resorts where we could get in for the day? Any other suggestions for someone who has been to many of the beaches in St Thomas?

Know you are looking for suggestions for other beaches, but I am actually interested in finding more about your experience with Secret Harbour for the day.   Do you need to connect with the resort or just go directly to the beach and rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach?   Amenities? 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 4:04 PM, Mimiya11 said:

Know you are looking for suggestions for other beaches, but I am actually interested in finding more about your experience with Secret Harbour for the day.   Do you need to connect with the resort or just go directly to the beach and rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach?   Amenities? 

Hi, you can take one of the open air buses from the port for $20 pp and they'll drop you off at the beach. You can just enjoy the day with your towels and no chair at that point if you like - free to use the beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas but I can't remember how much they are but you rent them from the little dive shop that is out there. There is a restaurant there (or there was pre-Covid) and its pretty good. The beach is typically very quiet with few people which is why we enjoy it.

Edited by nbsjcruiser
  • Like 4

On 1/6/2023 at 9:47 AM, nbsjcruiser said:

Hi, you can take one of the open air buses from the port for $20 pp and they'll drop you off at the beach. You can just enjoy the day with your towels and no chair at that point if you like - free to use the beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas but I can't remember how much they are but you rent them from the little dive shop that is out there. There is a restaurant there (or there was pre-Covid) and its pretty good. The beach is typically very quiet with few people which is why we enjoy it.

Thanks for this, we are planning to try Secret Harbor in March.  How about getting back to the ship?  Do the big taxis stop here regularly?  Or is it possible to call one?   

4 hours ago, Fa-Li said:

Thanks for this, we are planning to try Secret Harbor in March.  How about getting back to the ship?  Do the big taxis stop here regularly?  Or is it possible to call one?   

Yes, they stop there frequently. We've been out there probably 6 times, never had a problem just walking up and getting one. Sometimes I've also arranged for the driver who takes us out to come back and pick us up at a certain time.

Long story short - no issues at all getting back

Edited by nbsjcruiser
cuz
  • Thanks 1